1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fears

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Sp3ct3re, Sep 16, 2021.

1. Sp3ct3re

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi, for some basic background for this question
    I recently met my (now partner ((born male, nonibary)) ) through a collage course class and I love the hell out of him, but his parents a homophobic and highly Mormon as such don't approve of these type of relationships, they don't know he is gay, or non-binary, he has hinted that if his parents found out he would definitely not see him again, I recently saw a therapuist about this, she explained that by worrying about the things I can't control its essentially a tire spinning in the mud, in fact they (my partner) constantly assures me that they will be ok, we go to different schools and only see each other for 2 hours every morning for our collage course class, I am constantly stressing out about there well being, how do I deal with this?

GetgGonnaCatchy likes this.
  2. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I agree with your therapist, it is pointless to worry about things that you cannot affect (not that I never worry about things, I am better at giving advice than following it). Your partner is the one to decide how they deal with their family and if they want to keep their family in their life you really have no say in it. It would be best for you to just concentrate on the times that the two of you have together and enjoy those times.