1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advise for 34 year old deep in the closet

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by DoverDan86, Aug 25, 2021.

1. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, EC has a member, who joined about 12 years ago very confused, because he identified as straight, 21 year old, with a long-term girlfriend, and had just been kissed by his gay roommate... and found it terrifyingly appealing. Over the next year or so he figured out he was gay. Fast forward to last year, and he let us know that he and his husband had just had their first child (surrogacy, I think.). I have another friend who has been married for close to 20 years, and their daughter just got married. And just a couple days ago, Pete and Chasten Buttigieg announced that they had become fathers to twin girls.

So... it is absolutely possible and becoming more common. And there's not much difference between a husband and wife and a husband and husband... except for an extra penis. :slight_smile:

2. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Actually not even that. Presence of a penis does not necessitate being male nor do all men necessarily have one.

3. dirtyshirt84

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    DoverDan, you have got some great advice here! I don’t have much to add, other than you might find it easier to take one small step at a time, rather than feeling you have to tell everyone all at once. It does get easier!

LostInDaydreams likes this.