1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey, it's me Isbjorn

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Isbjorn, Aug 28, 2021.

1. Isbjorn

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am a recently out to myself and some people bisexual. In the last year, I have come to terms with myself in my orientation. Nowadays this does not seem as big a deal as it was when I was growing up, especially during my formative years. I am an older guy, born in the summer of '69... upload_2021-8-28_20-48-31.gif Some of my generation may get the reference.

I am a Navy veteran, I say this because a lot of my personality is in line with being a submariner. You know, sarcasm with little or no filtration. Doesn't mean I am an asshole.... well not a complete asshole. upload_2021-8-28_20-48-31.gif I do try not to be personally upsetting and truly care for my fellow human beings.

I am married. My wife does not know, but we have had some conversations and I am REALLY close to coming out to her. It is a tricky situation due to physical and mental issues with her. She has a pituitary tumor that was mostly removed, then irradiated, so it is no linger growing. That being said there is still a mass on her pituitary and that causes hormonal imbalances, which include a nearly 24/7 low grade headache that spikes to migraine if she is over stimulated, post menopausal hot flashes, lack of sex drive, emotional, cognitive, and memory issues. I only share this, so there is an understanding of why I have to be careful coming out to her, to prevent any more emotional stress, which equates to more emotional stress on me.

Anyway, I am here looking for new places to share, support, and be supported. One of the places I frequented is gone now and I have been looking for some time for a new place that isn't a raunchy hookup place. Not saying anything against that. I know where to find that when and if I want, but I also need a place for support that is real. Hopefully this is one of those places.

2. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member Away

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC, Isbjorn. :wave:

3. Ingvermama

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi, welcome to EC, it’s really cool here. I am also bi, and a bit older, I have always known i am bi, but still did the conventional married to a man thing. I love him very much, I’m out to him, and he knows I’ll love him forever, he is the chosen one, but I’d also like a relationship with a woman. It’s really hard to push down those feelings isn’t it?

4. BiGemini87

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC. Born in '87, but I get the reference. :wink: (Used to love that song).

I'm sorry you're in such a delicate situation where coming out to your wife might not be possible with her health issues, but I hope a day comes when you can (and above all, that it's well received if/when you do).

Fellow bisexual here, as well. Hope you find tons of people to talk to and allow you to be your authentic self.

5. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC! I hope you can come out to her one day and it goes well. EC is a great place, if you look for support.

6. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Isbjorn.....Hello and a great big LGBTQIA+ welcome to Empty Closets! :old_smile: There are a number of sub-forums here on EC...why don't you check them out and then feel free to join in the conversations! This is a community of loving, caring and very supportive people and we will do our best to help you blend into the community. You can ask questions in any of the Sub-forums by creating a new thread or by joining in a conversation-thread that is already going. You can also post a message on anyone's Profile Page after you have made at least ten posts yourself. If you have a question that is somewhat private you can always send a Private Message to any Staff Member. Normally Private Messages can only be exchanged between two Full Members, but a PM to a Staff Member is an exception. :old_wink: We are so glad that you have found us here on Empty Closets! :old_big_grin:
    .....David :gay_pride_flag: