1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What would you do in this situation?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Ameryllis, Aug 24, 2021.

1. Ameryllis

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I have been talking to this girl since june and we are still in the "talking" phase, so not serious. But I want to know if it seems like she is interested or I'm just worrying? We've been on 4 dates so far.

She works a full time job and she's starting masters degree in September, and she has told me when she's stressed she sucks at texting, and she likes to respond to me when she has time. She also told me she has ADHD.

These texts in the picture were a week apart, and now she is in Banff visiting her best friend who moved away so she is away again.

Anyway, should I be worried about her poor communication? The dates have gone very well, which is why I am sticking around, and she even texted me after the 3rd one i think and said "I feel like I learn so much more abt you after every date, and I really love it!!" and always hugs me after. She has always been the one to text me after the dates.

How should I go about this? I don't know if I am wasting my time.

Attached Files:

2. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You need to decide what sort of relationship that you want and which issues that you can deal with.

By her admission she is neurologically atypical, very busy and has mental health issues. These issues are not going to go away and since she is starting to work on a degree soon she will have even less time. Are the times that you spend with her good enough to last you through the times when she is going to be too busy to have time for you or the times when she simply has to disengage? The fact that she has been the first one to text after each date does demonstrate that she is interested but her being interested does not erase her issues.

Ameryllis likes this.
  3. Ameryllis

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Boosting this

4. Really

Hmm. It’s pretty hard to tell from those texts. Some people, as she’s even mentioned herself, are not great at text/written communication. I wouldn’t read anything into what she writes. Just take it at face value unless you have a specific reason to believe otherwise.

It sounds like her life is pretty hectic at the moment but also that she appreciates hearing from you so I’d continue whatever you’re doing, see if you can arrange some more dates, here and there, and just go with the flow. :}

I think what you have now seems like it’s good but if you prefer more chatting via text, maybe tell her you’re going to keep texting even if she can’t respond as often and you look forward to the next time you can see her in person.

If you like her enough to see where things go, I’d say, just let it progress along for a while. It might just be a bit bumpy until you get into a groove, so to speak. :]

Good luck!

Ameryllis likes this.