1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Phantom077, Aug 12, 2021.

1. Phantom077

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not sure what to say here. I'm a gay man who isn't always so proud of it. I really don't know why but I still struggle with being gay and often feel quite ashamed of it. I don't have many friends and very few people to talk to. I think people see that look of boredom and depression on my face and it makes them uncomfortable and so they just leave. I can't blame them though, I'm not much fun to be around. I really try to remain positive and constructive but my default setting is kind of cynical (cynical but clever :wink:. I think maybe talking to others about these things could help me. I still want to connect with people and make new friends and so that's pretty much why I'm here. There are two sides to me: one is scientific and technical, the other is artistic. I'm currently finishing my bachelor's degree in physics and I also work on making electronic music (mostly EDM with some down-tempo stuff). Anyways, I hope to make some kind of contribution to this forum and its members. Greetings!

2. Shoun

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello, I'm new my self and I really like it here....Welcome

3. Phantom077

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks, sorry to come off as so negative. I just joined this forum today and from what I've seen it seems pretty nice. How are you?

4. Shoun

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm good, Thank You. I'm glad I found EC...I came out recently and not knowing a lot of people EC made things a little easier.

5. Phantom077

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's cool. I've stepped out of the closet, but I haven't stepped out into the world as a gay man. Who was the first person you told?

6. Lek

Lek

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome. I hope you can find a place here where you can shed your shame about being gay. Perhaps your artistic side is where you can find your beauty, your expression of your true self, and celebrate being gay.

You have a right to happiness and love.

7. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Phantom077.....Hello and a great big LGBTQIA+ welcome to Empty Closets! :old_smile: There are a number of sub-forums here on EC...why don't you check them out and then feel free to join in the conversations! This is a community of loving, caring and very supportive people and we will do our best to help you blend into the community. You can ask questions in any of the Sub-forums by creating a new thread or by joining in a conversation-thread that is already going. You can also post a message on anyone's Profile Page after you have made at least ten posts yourself. If you have a question that is somewhat private you can always send a Private Message to any Staff Member. Normally Private Messages can only be exchanged between two Full Members, but a PM to a Staff Member is an exception. :old_wink: We are so glad that you have found us here on Empty Closets! :old_big_grin:
    .....David :gay_pride_flag:

8. Phantom077

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks everyone for the welcoming voices, I hope I can be of some service to someone else who's having issues with something.

9. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to the community. Feel free to share your experiences and learn from others. :slight_smile: