1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Greetings from the Cracks

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by DragonChaser, Jul 28, 2021.

1. DragonChaser

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello. I'm Lydia. I'm not really sure where to begin my story, as it's not a very happy or pretty one, so I'll keep it as brief as I feel is appropriate to illustrate where I am in my life.

I'm currently living through my darkest period since I lost my father five years ago, am without a permanent residence, and facing homelessness. I know from experience I can't survive this alone. I thought this forum might be an opportunity for a bit of support. I've read some of the threads and it seems a good place to start.

I've made a lot of mistakes, most of which involve illicit chemistry, and disappointed most of my family as a result, so I have few left I can depend on. I feel I can redeem myself to most of those I care to, though I know this will take a great deal of time and I have a long, painful journey ahead of me.

I will try to keep my chin high and not drag my usual brand of psychic sludge here. I aspire to use this as a place to bring some peace to my life in a time when I'm not sure if I'll have a roof over my head from night to night. Hopefully, I can offer some of the insight I've gained through my trials with all of you in turn. If not, I'm told I can be funny from time to time, so at the very least maybe I can give you a good chuckle.

Love and harmony to you all.

2. Ingvermama

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi Lydia, welcome to EC. I hope you find just what you need here, everyone is friendly, and I feel I can say anything about my sexuality and be accepted. It sounds like you are having a really hard time, do you live in the UK?

3. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Lydia.....Hello and a great big LGBTQIA+ welcome to Empty Closets! :old_smile: There are a number of sub-forums here on EC...why don't you check them out and then feel free to join in the conversations! This is a community of loving, caring and very supportive people. We will do our best to be your family and to help you blend into the community. You can ask questions in any of the Sub-forums by creating a new thread or by joining in a conversation-thread that is already going. You can also post a message on anyone's Profile Page after you have made at least ten posts yourself. If you have a question that is somewhat private you can always send a Private Message to any Staff Member. Normally Private Messages can only be exchanged between two Full Members, but a PM to a Staff Member is an exception. :old_wink: We are so glad that you have found us here on Empty Closets! :old_big_grin:
    .....David :gay_pride_flag:

4. DragonChaser

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Unfortunately, no. I live in the US. I'm getting by for the time being, but I sincerely appreciate your concern :relaxed:

Thank you for the warm welcome! :relaxed:

5. Ingvermama

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Be strong and get help where it’s offered x