1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by GrumpyOldLady, Jun 19, 2021.

1. GrumpyOldLady

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm a married woman in my 50's who started coming to terms with my queerness about 6-7 years ago. Things were different when I was growing up and I pretty much suppressed everything for a long time so I'm still in the process of exploring it myself.
    In terms of gender I'd probably use different labels if I were young today but I'm used to being who I am so I just go by the pronouns I grew up with and ignore the rest. In my ideal world gender probably wouldn't exist or at least wouldn't be nearly as big of a deal as it is :relaxed:

I'm still not 100% sure on my sexuality because I'm not sure if I'm really attracted to guys or if I just went along with things because that was expected of me but I've had crushes on men before so I have a least a romantic attraction to them. I am definitely attracted to women although I think I suppressed any crushes I would have had on women in the past through avoidance so I had my first one just recently.

My husband knows about my sexuality and identity an we have a sort of understanding about it although he is not yet willing to have me experiment with it. I also have a teenager who pretty much takes after me so identifies as LGBT.

I was on this forum several years back, I left for a few reasons, the major one being that the site was not encrypted at the time but also because there was some drama with people posting fake stories. I've found a need lately to have some people to discuss LGBT issues with so I figured I'd start fresh here like a newbie.

2. chicodeoro

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Greetings GrumpyOldLady, welcome (back) to Empty Closets! I love your screen name!

Beth x

3. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    GOLady.... (I didn't want to call you grumpy and especially not old since I'm a lot older than you are!) Hello and a great big LGBTQIA+ welcome to Empty Closets! :old_smile: I went through a lot of things like you did. I did what society said I should and dated women, married a woman and had children. I came out here on Empty Closets in 2014 when I was 64...so you can see...you're not that old! Anyway...there are a number of sub-forums here on EC...why don't you check them out and then feel free to join in the conversations! You can ask questions in any of the Sub-forums by creating a new thread or by joining in a conversation-thread that is already going. You can also post a message on anyone's Profile Page after you have made at least ten posts yourself. If you have a question that is somewhat private you can always send a Private Message to any Staff Member. Normally Private Messages can only be exchanged between two Full Members, but a PM to a Staff Member is an exception. :old_wink: We are so glad that you have found us here on Empty Closets! :old_big_grin:
    .....David :gay_pride_flag:

4. MistyMorn

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi and welcome!

5. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there and welcome back to the community! It's great that you have decided to come back to EC and continue receiving support. :slight_smile:

6. carebear99

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey there! Welcome (back)!

7. crouton25

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey! ❤️ I am also super grumpy lol so I’m loving the name.

I’m so happy you are able to be more open about your sexuality :slight_smile: hopefully this will be a place that makes you feel welcome

8. Stockings

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi there and welcome