1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello everyone!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Vee007, Jun 19, 2021.

1. Vee007

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi, I’m 16 years old and considering transitioning from male to female for a while now.
    I’ve been browsing these forums for a few weeks now, questioning my sexuality and gender. Before I joined, I considered myself to just be bisexual and had only spoken briefly about it to a friend in my tutor. But these forums, although I haven’t posted anything yet, has helped me through reading other people’s experiences to come to terms with my sexuality and gender.

Over the last few days i have opened up to both my parents about the idea of transitioning(MtF) as well as being panromatic. My dad finds the idea of transitioning weird mainly because of his upbringing and, although he may not understand it as I don’t fully understand it all either, he wants me to be happy and we had some really good conversations about my sexuality and gender identity over this weekend. My mum and her boyfriend have also been extremely supportive and I feel blessed to have such a supportive family as my closest friends in similar situations have had trouble with their parents and feel like they cannot come out to their parents.
    I may post more in the gender identity and expression section as I am still relatively new to the idea of transitioning. I just wanted to post here first now I am starting to feel more confident about myself.

2. DecentOne

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC idk1212!

Glad to know you’ve been reading in the different forums. Congrats on feeling more confident about yourself and doing your first post!

It sounds as if you’ve got great and supportive parents.

3. Vee007

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My parents are amazing, in the last few days I have opened up to them we have had some great talks about their experiences with the lgbt+ community and especially talking to my mum I’ve found out she has a lot of dreams where she is with another woman although she has never been bi or lesbian. She also has a few trans friends she has offered to get in contact with to talk about their experiences and see what they think about my own gender issues

4. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    idk1212.....Hello and a great big LGBTQIA+ welcome to Empty Closets! :old_smile: I see that you have already found the sub-forum here on EC that is titled "Gender Identity and Expression". If you post there I think you'll find people who will understand how you feel and will be able to offer support and understanding! You can ask questions in any of the Sub-forums by creating a new thread or by joining in a conversation-thread that is already going. You can also post a message on anyone's Profile Page after you have made at least ten posts yourself. If you have a question that is somewhat private you can always send a Private Message to any Staff Member. Normally Private Messages can only be exchanged between two Full Members, but a PM to a Staff Member is an exception. :old_wink: We are so glad that you have found us here on Empty Closets! :old_big_grin:
    .....David :gay_pride_flag: