1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello, everyone

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by TerminalWimsy, Jun 12, 2021.

1. TerminalWimsy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hello, everyone. I’m an as-of-yet unpublished author from Minnesota studying to be a geologist. I feel really awkward about doing this but now that it’s yet another Pride Month and me without any pride or friends in the LGBT community, I felt it was about time I tried making steps toward who I want to be. I feel like I have too much built up and everything is going to come out in jumbles, but here it is.

I realized I was bisexual sometime around high school, over a decade ago now, and like everything else it was just a secret I kept to myself – that’s how things are done in rural Minnesota: be dour and keep your emotions to yourself. Around my first year in college, mostly because of my love for writers that obliterated traditional gender roles and less because of personal freedoms, I became interested in crossdressing. I often write LGBTQ characters, but that’s about as far as my socialization with the community actually goes. Like with any of the topics I write about, I always hear a not-so-little voice say “Stop it, you’re just going to annoy or anger everyone you want to impress, and they’ll hate you for your efforts.”

Nobody knows a thing about me being bisexual, or anything else, and around here, I’m quite fine with that. I want to be the kind of person who looks at a box of hair dye and doesn’t consider it “brave;” I want to be the kind of magnanimous person that others have fun being around; I want to feel like a person, like I actually exist in the world. But it’s just easier being silent.

Frankly, I want to believe that I can find the support or help from the people on this forum, but I know that there are people who are in more dire situations than I am, and I know that I’m going to bore or annoy people.

This is my first expedition into a serious forum in a very long time and I’m quite nervous about tripping up. Some people are more confident online than in physical social situations, but for some people, like me, it just has the same worries, only with the dubious mask of anonymity.

2. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Terminal Wimsy.....Hello and a great big LGBTQIA+ welcome to Empty Closets! :old_smile: There are a number of sub-forums here on EC...why don't you check them out and then feel free to join in the conversations! There is a sub-forum here on EC that is titled "Sexual Orientation". If you post there I think you'll find people who will understand how you feel and will be able to offer support and understanding! You can ask questions in any of the Sub-forums by creating a new thread or by joining in a conversation-thread that is already going. You can also post a message on anyone's Profile Page. If you have a question that is somewhat private you can always send a Private Message to any Staff Member. Normally Private Messages can only be exchanged between two Full Members, but a PM to a Staff Member is an exception. :old_wink: We are so glad that you have found us here on Empty Closets! :old_big_grin:
    .....David :gay_pride_flag:

#2 quebec, Jun 14, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
  3. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC. :slight_smile:

I’m sorry that you don’t feel able to come out in your current surroundings, but I hope you find support to move forwards on EC.

4. MikeL1962

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello and welcome, it's a great place with wonderful people.

5. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there and welcome to EC! EC is a great place to be yourself, receive support, and feel less isolated. It's good that you have decided to join.