1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Howdy Howdy Howdy

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by stump405, Jun 15, 2021.

1. stump405

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    :ghost::cancer::taurus::scorpius: they/them - 32 this month

So I finally figured out/gathered the strength to accept I'm genderfluid in my mid 20s...and that's been okay...kinda awkward but better than it was before. There isn't much of a community where I live (even less where I came from) and I'm just kinda a goblin person as is so it's hard to make friends. But recently I was also diagnosed with ADHD and finally got on some medication after suffering since I was a kid, and for some reason this combined with all my queer thots and feelings has me feeling...S̶O̶ ̴D̶E̵S̶P̸E̸R̵A̵T̴E̷L̶Y̷ ̴A̶L̶O̶N̸E̵.
    So...I'm a heart-on my sleeve kinda guy, I'm just gonna lay it all out and if anyone wants to bro out let's bro out.

Hobbies: Starting new hobbies. Mountain biking, D&D (more accurately general ttrpgs, especially historical fiction), hiking and creeping around in the woods just being with nature and seeing new places, video games, writing (mostly ttrpgs), therapy lately lol, skincare, houseplants, ghost watching, spelunking.

Genres: Horror, mostly psychological art stuff but I'm not too good for a trashy slashy, true crime podcasts and docus, sci fi (I love The Expanse), westerns, and ridiculous reality tv....I've been watching Drag Race since season 4 trying to figure my shit out and also really love Dragula. I just love drag. :joy: My favourite videogames have been Resident Evil/Silent Hill and Harvest Moon/Animal Crossing since I was a kid....I think that balance of AHHH and AWW is pretty defining of me as a person. I'm juuust about finished Resident Evil Village and I can say that, going in I didn't get the hype about the very large woman, but now I get it. :flushed:

Currently Reading: The Terror, Condensed Chaos, Leaving Isn't the Hardest Thing, They Called Me Number One, and Kill Six Billion Demons.

I'm tired of talking about myself hmu! :wave::wave:

2. Ram90

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome to EC. This is a great place to create threads and posts to connect with the community, tell you story, get and give advice. :slight_smile:. Your hobbies and interests sound wonderful. I just finished binge-watching all 5 seasons of the Expanse last week. I love Cas Anvar. :slight_smile:. He was awesome in it. Shohreh too.

Thanks for teaching me a new word. I haven't heard of spelunking before, I looked it up. :slight_smile:. That seems cool. Exploring caves. I'm a fan of documentaries too. I watch them on YouTube (Mostly CNA Insider, Vox and DW)

3. stump405

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi Ram, thank you very for the warm welcome!

Isn't Avasarala just the most beautiful, powerful queen??? Shohreh is fantastic, an icon! And her wardrobe! :bow: I started binge-reading all the books this winter, still have a few left but I can't recommend them enough. Love to see such powerful female characters in sci-fi.

What are some of your favourite documentary topics? I watched a great one yesterday, an early release called The Wisdom of Trauma, really thought-provoking and tragic but also very empowering. And then watched a mini one about Tornado Chasing Tourism in Oklahoma today that was a little more fun :joy::cloud_tornado::cloud_tornado::cloud_tornado:

4. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    stumpgazer.....Hello and a great big LGBTQIA+ welcome to Empty Closets! :old_smile: There are a number of sub-forums here on EC...why don't you check them out and then feel free to join in the conversations! You can ask questions in any of the Sub-forums by creating a new thread or by joining in a conversation-thread that is already going. You can also post a message on anyone's Profile Page. If you have a question that is somewhat private you can always send a Private Message to any Staff Member. Normally Private Messages can only be exchanged between two Full Members, but a PM to a Staff Member is an exception. :old_wink: I've never gotten really involved in Drag Race although I have watched it several times. What impresses me the most is how good RuPaul herself looks in drag! We are so glad that you have found us here on Empty Closets! :old_big_grin:
    .....David :gay_pride_flag:

#4 quebec, Jun 16, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2021
  5. stump405

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people

Hey Neighbour! Thank you for the welcome. I've actually got a message on my profile and I have no idea how to respond or post back on their profile! I feel so bad hahaha.

6. Ram90

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Once you've made 10 posts on the forum, you will be able to respond to wall messages on your profile and will be able to post messages on other members' profiles too. :slight_smile:

I loved agdashloo as Avasarala. I liked the multi-cultural elements in the series too. As for documentaries, I watched a 4 part CNA series on Japan. I liked the way they described the Japanese culture.

7. stump405

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ohh that's really helpful, thank you!

8. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there and welcome to Empty Closets. I hope you will find EC to be of help to you. :slight_smile: