1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I fluid?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by ThrowawayTalia, Jun 2, 2021.

1. ThrowawayTalia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi,
    I was born female and i identify as a woman (i feel comfortable with she/her pronouns). Although I prefer she/her pronouns, I also don't mind it if someone accidentally refers to me with other pronouns. I'm not sure if that makes me gender fluid, or if there is another term to describe me?
    I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks!

2. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you're comfortable identifying as a woman and prefer she/her pronouns, I'd say you're a woman. When we're comfortable and happy with the gendered language that is used for us the most frequently, the occasional slip up is no big deal for most people.

By contrast, I knew something was up with me when I experienced euphoria from the slip ups.

As far as fluidity goes...perhaps a gender fluid person can give a little more insight? While I don't fully identify with strongly gendered language, and I like to play around with my presentation, my sense of gender itself doesn't shift.

3. ApocalypticHeda

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For me I feel different when I feel like a her but get referred to as a he I get very sad. The same goes to when I feel like a he but get referred her. My whole body Changes depending on the gender. So for me if you are comfortable and prefer female I'd say no you aren't fluid

4. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's a difference between being and not minding. I wouldn't mind if someone called me Aspen in real life, but it still wouldn't be my name. I do want to note that a lot of non-binary people use multiple (or all) pronouns, but they prefer it that way. It's about what feels right to you, not about what doesn't feel wrong.

clockworkfox likes this.