1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My partner passed away two weeks ago

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by baristajedi, Apr 16, 2021.

1. chicodeoro

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hey Baristajedi, great to hear from you.

I lost my partner last year so I know all too well how you are feeling. These days are unspeakably awful and sometimes the pain feels all-consuming, doesn't it? But things won't be this bad forever. It's a cliche, but it's true - grief comes in waves and after a while you get more adept at surfing those waves and, well...just coping.

One big question - are you getting the support you need from your friends, family and real life support network? For me, that was so so crucial. They rallied around and made sure I was ok and I owe my life and my sanity to them.

Sending out love and strength to you, my friend. You will get through this.

Beth x

2. baristajedi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I’m so sorry for your loss too. How are you doing?

I do have beautiful wonderful people around me offering and giving me support, but I find myself pushing people away a lot of the time… I’m trying to let people in. It’s hard for me for some reason to do that.

3. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am glad that you do have people that are supporting you. It is ok for this to be a struggle, remember that it has only been about two months. I myself was a wreck for over two years. Do try to let them in and help you but also do not feel bad that it is difficult for you to let them in.