1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What’s your most true spooky story? Have you ever seen a ghost?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Suitsme, Apr 7, 2021.

1. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I went to an art school where people swore up and down that our studios were haunted. I am...let's say, an open-minded skeptic. I tend not to scream "ghost" at the drop of a hat, but I think that they're out there, doing stuff.

I was working late trying to finish up a sculpture before our next critique. They were portrait busts, so I was glancing in a mirror every now and then. I went to take a peek in my mirror, and saw a man in a hard hat walk by behind me. It was around 3am and there was no one else around. I locked the doors behind me on my way in, like I always would when I was working late.

The next year, I was finishing up some clay pots. The radio was on, and Every Breath You Take starts playing. As it comes on, so does another pottery wheel nearby - it just starts spinning really slowly, and turns off when the song ends.

The next year, a friend and I are scrambling to finish our final projects, so we're in the studio late again. Security had come around and locked the building, so it was just the two of us at that point. The big rumor in ceramics was that there was a ghost who would come by and play with all of the clay whistles, but we'd never heard it until that night. He literally dropped everything and was ready to bolt out of there. I just whistled back and kept working.

2. Sepina

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe not a ghost story but spooky af.

I went to my local Asian grocer to buy peanut oil amongst other things for dinner. Went up to check out and I start to hand the cashier my items to scan.

When I hand the bottle of oil over to be scanned the lady is having trouble scanning it through. So she starts flipping the bottle so the scanner can maybe read the barcode better idk. The lid comes loose and the oil spills everywhere on the counter. Shocked, I look at her and she's still looking down nonchalantly as if nothings happened...because it didn't.

What I thought I saw happen did not happen. She puts the bottle of peanut oil (with lid still on and still full) to one side and motions me for the next item. Now as I'm handing her the bokchoy I'm actually starting to question my sanity haha. I drove home still questioning myself or rather my reality.

#22 Sepina, Jun 5, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2021
  3. Loves books

Stuff I thought was terrifying all had an explanation. I live in the countryside up a mountain. There are several other mountains around and the local town is visible at night from where I live. A flashing green light almost gave me a heart attack one night. I’m usually awake until the early hours so being the only one seeing this terrified me. It was coming from the garden. It’s pitch black on the mountains so no streetlights. I went to bed and tried not to think about it. Turns out it was a solar powered lamp my mother had bought. A lot of nights I can hear what sounds like a young child crying. It’s very eerie especially when you look at the window and the only thing you can see is your reflection looking back at you. The crying child is apparently the feral cat. There’s a Tom cat who comes round at night after my dog is in and bothers our feral cat. I also get creeped out walking down the road next to some really tall trees. The wind sounds like wailing and it’s super loud and scary. My brother used to knock on my window to get me to let him in late at night. The first time I almost shit myself. I ignored the first knock praying I’d imagined it but then I heard it again. I walked towards the window thinking this is how they die in horror movies, whip open the curtains and it was just my brother. So my scariest experiences all have an explanation.

4. Hint

I had a run-in with a cat for an extended period.

A ghost cat.