1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News UK government moves against Stonewall

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by PatrickUK, May 31, 2021.

1. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As Pride month begins in the UK, the Conservative government Equalities Minister moves against the biggest and most respected LGBT+ charity in the country on the premise that their diversity champions scheme is not value for money. Many people believe it's because the gender critical movement now has the ear of the minister.

A somewhat slanted article from the Daily Mail:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...workplace-scheme-trans-anti-Semitism-row.html

2. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am certain that the article would upset me so I have not read it. I just wanted to chime in that "gender critical" like "pro-life" is a label used by a group to mask the fact that they exist to attack persons who simply want to exercise personal choices in their lives.

3. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Also when they put that expert advisory panel together for Trans issues and then dismissed them because they didn’t like their findings? Now they’ve promised to make another one.

There is definitely a disturbing anti-trans trend going on in this government.

4. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    They are clearly trying to divide the LGB community from the trans community. Makes me sick that they tweet out platitudes for Pride month.

5. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, it seems bigotry isn't an exclusivity of Stupidnaro in Brazil.

I do believe that politicians who do these things are, in most cases, just using this as an excuse to stirr people and get more followers so they can work on the schemes that really matter to them - involving money and the maintenance of their priviledges, of course.

However, I'm really baffled that there are people who support these bigots. The world is full of hunger, violence, wars, weapons, pollution and all kinds of problems. But, no, let's use our money and energy to stop two men/women from kissing each other and being respected as human beings. :rolling_eyes:

6. chicodeoro

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    The UK government are exactly the same as 'populist' leaders in Brazil, Hungary and of course the ex-US president, just they are a little bit more tactical and strategic about it (which in many ways makes them more dangerous). Whatever, the goal is always the same: to stir up the imagined 'base', which in the UK means affluent, socially conservative pensioners, the ill-educated and downright bigoted.

These people and those who voted for them make me sick.

7. Bi Wolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Perhaps throwing our fellows under the bus for constituents?