1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gag Reflex

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by LilLady9, Mar 21, 2021.

1. LilLady9

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't have the worst gag reflex, but It's not like I don't have a gag reflex at all.

Does anyone know how to naturally lessen gag reflex long-term? Almost train myself to have less of a gag reflex?

#1 LilLady9, Mar 21, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2021
  2. I'm gay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I assume you are referring to a strong gag reflex while performing oral sex on a guy?

If so, then I think the simple answer is more practice. During oral, give yourself permission to gag. It's ok and not going to hurt you. Let go of any embarrassment over gagging, and keep testing your limits. Over time, you should be able to take it deeper without gagging.

Also, you should know that deep throating is not necessary. The vast majority of nerve endings are near and just below the head, so concentrating on the areas you can comfortably take should be more than sufficient to bring your guy to climax. If anyone is pressuring you to go deeper than you are comfortable with, then there's a more serious problem going on than gagging.

3. Lesbee

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    @BiBoyToy I agree with what @I'm gay advised, and using a hand always helps too, but another way to practice without finding another man all the time is when brushing your tongue after teeth brushing. Notice what triggers the reflex more for you - is it worse when there is pressure on your tongue, or the back of your throat? Is the urge lessened or worsened if your tongue muscle is softer or stiffened? Does it happen if you put pressure on the side of your tongue vs the center, or front verses the back, etc? Then you can practice the sensitive areas until they're desensitized, or move to a more comfortable position when triggered.

4. LilLady9

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it's worse when there is pressure on the back of my tongue. I'm not 100% sure though, I think it might be a combination of both.

It seems like the urge is lessened when my tongue muscles are stiffened.

The center towards the back seems to be the most sensitive spot.

I've been using the technique you described with my toothbrush and it seems to be working. I'm definitely going to keep at it.

Lesbee likes this.
  5. LilLady9

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Unfortunately, I don't currently have a boyfriend or a FWB. So, I don't have anyone to regularly practice on. However, I did have a FWB when I was quite younger that I gave oral to many times and was able to practice on. I think this is probably why I don't have a horrible gag reflex (like some people) that I might have otherwise.

I've been using the technique with my toothbrush that @Lesbee mentioned to practice and I seem to be making some improvement.

I just want to be prepared for the next time that I do have another FWB or even a boyfriend (or a hookup) so that I can be confident in my skills.

6. Lesbee

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You can also try a dildo to practice with if you'd like! It might be fun to serve two purposes if you're into receiving as well (of course only with a condom on it so there's no cross-contamination) - and if you're not into that, or don't want to or can't buy one for any reason, I'm sure there are a slew of bachelorette foods (suckers, gummies, etc) that maybe would be large enough to practice with as well. :slight_smile: Have fun!

Spaceseed and LilLady9 like this.
  7. LilLady9

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I definitely need to buy a dildo, and I would love to have one. It would probably be the best thing to practice oral and anal sex with. I've wanted to get one for quite awhile but, unfortunately, I still live with my parents who don't know I'm bisexual (from my knowledge), so I'm kind of scared they would find out I have it one way or another. For example, If I had one shipped, I'm scared they would get to the package before me and open it. I'm definitely going to get one eventually though, one way or another.

FYI: I have a transgender sister who literally came out to everyone in the world and my parents were both very accepting (my mom more so than my dad). I know they would still accept me if I told them I was bisexual but I haven't yet because of other reasons. I probably should though.

What do you mean? Receiving oral sex or receiving anal? I don't prefer receiving oral sex from a guy (however, I wouldn't be apposed to it), I'd rather receive oral sex from a woman. If I'm having a sexual interaction with a guy I'm definitely more interested in giving them oral than them giving me oral. As for receiving anal, I'm definitely into it. When it comes to having sex with a guy, I'm definitely a bottom. I couldn't even imagine being a top. When it comes to sex with a woman, I'm (obviously) a top and enjoy it. However, I wouldn't mind being pegged by a woman. This is all confusing, I know, I guess it's just part of my bisexuality. Haha.

Lesbee likes this.
  8. Lesbee

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    @BiBoyToy I'm so glad your family is so open and accepting! I can totally understand how it's a whole other thing to be checking what "packages" (heh) you got in the mail though. Although usually any place from which you might order something like that typically comes in discreet packaging, and at least you can confirm that before placing an order.

Whoops, should've been more specific - I meant receiving anal.

Absolutely just part of it! There's no wrong way to do be bi either, so at least you can rest assured you're doing it right! haha

LilLady9 likes this.
  9. LilLady9

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Haha, I guess so! I definitely know what I like and don't like and who I like to do certain things with and certain things with others.

I really appreciate your support, @Lesbee. Thank you so much!

Lesbee likes this.
  10. LilLady9

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I still haven't been able to get a dildo yet. :frowning2: I think I'm going to get a ride to Spencer's (the store) soon though when my parents aren't home and then keep it well hidden in my room. I'm super excited!

#10 LilLady9, Apr 19, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2021
    Lesbee likes this.
  11. Spaceseed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    you got me at bachelorette foods

LilLady9 likes this.
  12. Spaceseed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    always order one that comes in a box if you choose to have it mailed to you . You can’t tell from the outside what it is. Yes it’s so annoying to have to be discreet all the time ...

LilLady9 likes this.
  13. LilLady9

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's a good idea but I'm scared one of my parents will get to it before me and open it to see what's inside.

14. johndeere3020

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    is there an Amazon drop box and pick up location available to you? That way you don't have to worry about the rents finding out.

15. Ram90

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't have access to dildos either. So whenever I buy bananas, I use one of them for practice, just for fun ha ha. I'm careful, so that I don't choke on it. And it's game over if it breaks apart ha ha, but otherwise I feel it helps me get over the "teeth" problem and gag reflex.

LilLady9 likes this.
  16. LilLady9

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How do you practice bottoming?

17. LilLady9

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's a great idea. I'll have to look into it!

Spaceseed likes this.
  18. johndeere3020

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Remember, you will still need to hide it if you get a toy. Not many places a parent might not look cause remember they were young once also so be prepared to come out if needed.

LilLady9 likes this.
  19. Ram90

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I use my finger sometimes. I don't practice bottoming very often, because it doesn't matter much to me (Masturbation, I mean).

LilLady9 likes this.
  20. LilLady9

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks, @johndeere3020. Thankfully my parents never snoop around and never come into my room. They definitely allow me to have my privacy. So, once I get it into my room it's fine. It's just more about them not seeing it before I get it into my room. The Amazon pick up location you suggested is a wonderful option.

Spaceseed likes this.