1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does Male Bisexuality Actually Exist?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by masterofnone, May 25, 2021.

1. masterofnone

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I’ve been questioning myself for a few months now but i’m 90% sure i’m straight. i’ve realised how undeniable my love and attraction for women is, but what i want to know is if i could be attracted to both? is that actually a real thing? or is it just a gateway to being gay? i couldn’t imagine a world where i’m not interested in women. i’ve never been interested in men but if it were to happen i wouldn’t mind being bisexual.

2. Lemony

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah it’s a real thing.

masterofnone likes this.
  3. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Being bisexual is a real thing, in persons of all genders. It is not a "gateway", the whole "gateway" thing whether about drugs, sexuality or anything else is a Slippery Slope Argument which is a fallacy. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slippery_slope

You say that you cannot imagine not being interested in women and that you have never been interested in men. This sounds as if you are likely straight. You have mentioned having OCD before and from other discussions it does seem that OCD is your issue and not your orientation.

4. LilLady9

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, as a cisgender bisexual male myself, it definitely exists, and isn't just a phase or gateway to being gay. I've known I'm bisexual since middle school and I'm currently in my mid twenties and my attraction to women hasn't decreased in the slightest. In fact, oddly as it sounds, my attraction to women has grown since I've accepted my bisexuality, along with my attraction to men. Like you, I have an undeniable attraction and love for women. However, I also have an undeniable love and attraction for men. Although it's not as strong as my love and attraction for women, it's still definitely there. I also couldn't imagine a world in which I wasn't attracted to women. I absolutely adore women in almost every conceivable way possible.

If you have any questions for me, I would love to answer them!

#4 LilLady9, May 25, 2021
    Last edited: May 25, 2021
  5. masterofnone

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    yes i know i’m likely straight and this is likely an ocd issue. it is good to stay open minded though

6. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes its a thing I am a married Bisexual guy

7. masterofnone

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    how did you know you were bi? were you ever worried you were exclusively gay?

8. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You can be open minded about people who ARE LGBT+ but until you get your OCD addressed and calmed down it is best to shelve this consideration for you. At this point just going back and forth is going to hurt you.

#8 QuietPeace, May 25, 2021
    Lemony and masterofnone like this.
  9. masterofnone

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    it kinda gives me some peace at mind knowing that i will accept myself no matter what. i come here to try to be more at peace with any possibility. i see a lot of happy bi, gay etc. people here. even though i’m 99% sure i’m straight or at most bi it does feel good knowing if i’m wrong i’ll be okay :slight_smile:

10. masterofnone

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    how long have you known for? i’m 18 and never had sexual feelings for a man. would i have realised by now?

11. LilLady9

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Most likely, but maybe not. If that makes sense... It wasn't until I had a sexual experience with a guy (I was rather young) that I realized my capacity to have sexual feelings for a man.

12. LilLady9

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Having a sexual experience(s) with my bestfriend which turned into a friends with benefits type of situation and really enjoying what we did and developing romantic feelings for him and being borderline in love with him was the main thing that made me realize I was bisexual.

No, I have never worried I was exclusively gay. I am and always have had a strong attraction towards women, physically, romantically and emotionally (and any other type of attraction). I've also been in love with a few women throughout my life. Also, although my first sexual experience ever was with a guy, I've had numerous sexual experiences with women that I enjoyed just as much, if not more than my sexual experiences with my male bestfriend.

I've actually worried before that I'm not "gay enough" to consider myself bisexual. However, bisexuality isn't a 50/50 type of thing. Even if someone is 90% attracted to women and only 10% attracted to men, they are still bisexual.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask! :slight_smile:

#12 LilLady9, May 25, 2021
    Bastion and masterofnone like this.
  13. sojabohnenfeld

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think you are too focused on the label of your sexuality. I would suggest... ask yourself what you like. If you experience attraction to women, then you are not gay. Exploring your other attractions will not impact this... unless there is societal pressure for you to act a certain way so I would suggest trying to focus on your feelings only. Maybe this helps

masterofnone likes this.
  14. Lemony

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Do you feel like having a relationship with a man/ sexual experience at all? Aroused by the idea?

In better words have you had sexual attraction/romantic to at least one guy?

This sounds very much that it’s OCD and you’re not lgbtqia+.

QuietPeace likes this.
  15. masterofnone

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    yeh i don’t think i’ve ever had those feelings for guys. i love my friends but not like that haha. i do think some men are attractive but i don’t think i have an attraction TO them if that makes sense

16. LilLady9

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It does. Even a straight guy can point out an attractive man. And a straight woman can point out an attractive female, etc. Or at least from my understanding...

masterofnone and Lemony like this.
  17. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Very few things in life are 'dead certs', we know this, don't we? We don't live in a world where everything is 100%, but when it comes to our sexuality some people seek certainty and feel incredibly anxious at the merest curiosity for someone of the same sex or opposite sex. Unless they can pin down their sexuality to totally straight or totally gay they feel as though the ground is shifting beneath them, even though it's irrational to think that way.

Humans are a curious species and there is nothing wrong with that. There is nothing wrong with a straight person noticing someone of the same sex or a gay person noticing someone of the opposite sex. Even if we think about that person in a sexual way it doesn't really change anything. I would even go as far as saying it's okay to investigate curiosity and experiment a little without going into panic mode. The simple fact is that most people are predominantly straight or predominantly gay and that's good enough.

Bisexuality is real. It goes beyond curiosity and occasional experimentation. It's a recognition of real attraction to men and women that goes beyond a tight friendship or bromance. There is desire and intent and the potential for a romantic and sexual relationship with both sexes. It's not just a gateway to being gay.

I would suggest to the thread starter that he is nothing more than curious. There is nothing I have read that would suggest he is bisexual, but if the idea cannot be shaken and its causing obsessive rumination then therapy might be necessary.

18. SteveBi45

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    As a married bisexual man I can say yes, it does exist. I'm attracted to both women and men.

It was precisely for this very reason that I denied being bi for so many years. Growing up people were either straight or gay. Because I have a stronger attraction to women, I forced myself to believe I was straight.

Bastion, LilLady9 and masterofnone like this.
  19. Bastion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Definitely bisexuality exists and it’s a valid orientation in its own right.
    But I think I agree with several posters here. Not a lot of of what you are saying indicates that you are bisexual or gay. Maybe you have a curiosity or are a bit bicurious. Other than that I think you are straight.

On another note I think I relate to what @SteveBi45 is saying. Feels kinda of familiar

SteveBi45 and masterofnone like this.
  20. Nickw

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    @masterofnone

From everything that you've written, I would say that you are not gay or bisexual. But, keep in mind that sexual orientation is a spectrum. Most of us are somewhere on the spectrum from totally gay to totally straight. This spectrum is defined as much on sexual experience as sexual attraction. So, some people will experiment with same sex intimacy even though they are on the heterosexual end of the spectrum.

But, I wonder why you are on this forum asking this question? You say you do not experience sexual attraction for another male. But, is there something that you do feel that causes you to ask the question?

I'm bisexual. But, when I was younger I could not imagine having sex with another male. All of it just seemed to be not something I would ever imagine myself doing. This was, probably, a built-in denial mechanism. But, in my heart of hearts I could feel a reaction deep in my gut for the type of guy that I find attractive. This wasn't even a sexual feeling per se. More of a hunger than anything else. When I started having sex with women I would not even notice guys...most of the time. But, there is a type that gets me deep inside and always has. That's how I know I'm bisexual.

My best friend of 40 years was killed in a car accident two months ago. I never had any sexual desires for him. But, I realize now that I did love him in a romantic way. The loss cuts so deep that I almost cannot imagine how a death could hurt so much. I, probably, blocked any sexual attraction because it was just the wrong thing in our relationship.

Male bisexuality is real. I can have romantic feelings for men and women. Those feelings are different than feelings I have for friends or family. Those feelings are different than just sexual curiosity or kinkiness (both are OK BTW). IF you have some inkling that you can feel this way, it is not a bad thing at all. In fact, it felt pretty good to feel this way about another man for most of my life.

Tightrope and SteveBi45 like this.