1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bicycle riding and a sore bottom.

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Jared J, May 26, 2021.

1. Jared J

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My car insurance expired 2 weeks ago, and I decided while the weather is nice and I'm not going more than a couple of miles from home in the next few months anyway that I'd ride my bike everywhere for a while.

On friday night my friend and I got frisky and it was a little painful going in me, but got better after he got going, luckily he only lasts a few minutes.

Saturday morning I hopped on my bike and wow was I sore! I mean I had to get off and walk. I tried to buy a seat cushion and it was to no avail... I stayed home all weekend. I had to ride to work on monday and tuesday and it was still pretty sore but I made the 10 minute ride standing up both ways.

My friend who is my top only lives a block away so I asked him to come over and inspect my bottom for any bruising or anything, he said it didn't look out of place.. For my own curiousity I suggested we try having sex and this time it was actually painful. Not the hole but where my butt contacts the bike seat.

Anyway, has anyone here dealt with this? Should I give up bike riding for a while?

2. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I cannot really help you with how to prevent this in the future or help you to understand exactly why it happened. If something hurts so much that you feel that you have been injured then yes you should avoid that activity until the soreness goes away. Continuing to ride will only keep bruising where you are already hurt and it could make the healing process take longer.

3. Broccoli

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Depending on how long you were on the bike for, this is fairly normal when you first start cycling and should go away fairly quickly. Take a few days off between rides (or just stick to very short distances) and you'll build up tolerance. It's worth trying different saddles to find one that suits you, as some are more comfortable than others (and more padding does not necessarily equal more comfortable), and try to avoid clothing that has bulky seams where you contact the saddle.

Shorthaul, Jared J and LilLady9 like this.
  4. LilLady9

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I couldn't agree with @Broccoli any more... Regardless of whether or not I've received as a bottom in sexual activity recently, my butt still hurts when I sit on a bicycle and cycle after not doing it for a while, regardless of the bicycle, seat cushion, etc... This is coming from someone who cycles regularly as my main source of exercise.

Considering this, I'm not sure your discomfort is a result of you and your friend having sex.

The only question I cant think of is, how often do you cycle?

#4 LilLady9, May 27, 2021
    Last edited: May 27, 2021
    Lemony likes this.
  5. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wonder if this soreness is more to do with you having sex than riding your bike. It sounds like everything was fine until you bottomed on Friday night with your friend, and only since then you have found it painful to get on the bike and go for a ride. The quote below seems to confirm what I am thinking:

Are you sure you used enough lube before getting down to it? You should only experience pain when being entered if you haven't lubed up properly. The fact that your friend lasted only a few minutes suggests to me that he was going at a fair pace, so if you hadn't lubed up adequately there is the distinct possibility of internal micro-tears which you wouldn't necessarily see. When you are riding a bike this pain might be aggravated.

If the pain doesn't subside by Monday I would suggest visiting a doctor and I would strongly recommend no more sex this week or weekend.

6. Unsure77

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Are you wearing padded cycling shorts? (You can get cycling shorts that look just like normal shorts if you're worried about the skin tight ones) Getting the right saddle and having the right shorts made a huge difference for me (and that's as a cis woman). If it is the cycling, there is some amount of just having your body adjust, but having the right equipment does make a huge different. And more padded isn't always better as far as the saddle. I found there was kind of a sweet spot for comfort. I did, in fact, have a lot of butt soreness when I first started riding, but now I can do 3 hour rides and it not be too too terrible.

#6 Unsure77, May 27, 2021
    Last edited: May 27, 2021
  7. Jared J

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm walking to work this week and no sex for a while. The pain wasn't internal, nor a skin problem but I think we burst a blood vessel or something. I'm going to give it a few days then try riding the bike with the padded seat. If its persistent I'll see a doctor. As for sex, I can just tap out if its painful.

8. Jared J

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Following up, I took a couple of weeks of limited riding now all is well. I just must have been riding too much and wasn't used to the contact. I feel way better now both with bottoming while having sex and with riding my bike

Tikimon20 likes this.