1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello everyone I need some advice on being Bi-sexual and coming out

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Yoto2170, May 23, 2021.

1. Yoto2170

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello everyone I need some advice on what I should do next in my situation, I’m a 23 yr old man who has been in a straight relationship for about 2 years now with the girl of my dreams but I just recently decided it was finally time to come out to someone that I’m Bi-sexual.

I’ve always known this since I was young but have never told anyone until now. I decided my girlfriend of 2 years was the first person I wanted to tell since she’s been open with me about her bi-sexuality since early on in our relationship and I ultimately trusted her the most cause she’s always been supportive of me in everything. Our relationship is very healthy and we communicate about everything with each other and we love each other very much.

We had a really great conversation about it and she thinks it’s great and she says she supports me fully but for some reason I still feel insecure about it and worry she thinks different of me even though she has assured me she doesn’t and she loves me no matter what.

Half of me feels this way but the other half of me feels so good that I could finally open up with this to someone especially my partner. And I can already feel half of my insecurity being lifted from my shoulders.

My question is will these mixed feelings start to fade as I accept myself more and more or will it stay with me? Do I just need to trust my partner more?

I’ve always struggled with anxiety but I’ve been really working on my mental health and I think this was one of the healthiest steps I could of taken but I still have that worry, I just need some advice on if I did the right thing and where to go next on becoming more comfortable with everything?

2. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Coming from a married Bi guy it was so hard for me to come out to my wife I just came out 2 years ago I knew I liked both guys and girls at a young age but was hard for me to accept myself back then

3. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats on coming out! That must have been really difficult, but it sounds like your girlfriend has been very supportive! There’s no reason this should affect your relationship. It sounds like it must be really strange to have this secret out there in the world, but really this is very normal and you’re not alone! Think of all the other bisexual people out there in happy relationships.

Honestly, it does sound like you made the right step for you! You might get some more advice in the Coming Out sub-forum. :slight_smile: Not everyone checks the Welcome Lounge for questions like this!

4. Yoto2170

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks so
    Thanks so much for the reply! I accidentally posted it here before I realized it was the welcome forum lol so I posted the same thing in “Coming out advice” but It definitely does feel a little weird with my secret out there but I know she loves me so I’m going to just keep trying to work on accepting it more and more as I come out to more people! It feels so Exhilarating to get to tell people finally so I’m definitely excited to continue my journey with this! Thanks so much for your advice on the matter!

5. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yoto2170.....Hello and a great big LGBTQ+ welcome to Empty Closets! :old_smile: I usually encourage someone who makes a post like yours to repost in the "Coming Out Advice" Sub-forum, but it looks like you've already done that...good for you! :old_big_grin: As for coming out to your girl friend, that was the best thing that you could have done! She obviously trusts you and you showed her that you trust her by sharing this with her. Coming out is always difficult...but you definitely did the right thing! What to do next... Some people feel like they need to tell everyone while others don't. I think the need to tell everyone happens more often to people who are coming out as gay where a same-sex partner may be part of the situation. In your case coming out as Bi when you already have an opposite-sex partner is probably less important. A lot of LGBTQ+ people lean toward the "do they need to know?" side of the issue and use that to help them decide who they come out to. In any event, remember...you are a part of our LGBTQ+ Family and we do care! Please keep us updated on how this woks out!
    .....David :gay_pride_flag:

6. Yoto2170

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks so much for the support!! Coming out has felt so great especially with the support of a wonderful community! I can’t help but to have some anxiety about it but that’s just how my brain works with everything lol so I think it will fade, it’s already started to and I feel way more comfortable already, I’ve never really been afraid to show it in the way I dress or carry myself but still I always have had that little bit of doubt sometimes when people look at me weird or something but now that I’ve came out to my partner I feel like I can carry myself however I want now and not have a second thought about it!

7. DevBigs23

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey there. I am almost in the same situation as you, so if you ever wanna talk I’m always open.