1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gender Confusion

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Cynsen, May 21, 2021.

1. Cynsen

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello. As the title states, I am extremely confused about my gender identity. I keep reading online articles and resources on the experiences of Trans people and it all seems so very relatable to how I've felt my entire life. Too relatable, as if I'm simply latching onto an explanation of why I've been sad for so long. I understand everyone is different and there is little to no chance someone could give me some magically perfect advice, but anything that could provided would be lovely.
    I'm sorry to be a bother, but I do not know what else to do. Thank you for your time and have a good day/night.

2. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Welcome to EC.

There really is no one answer that works for everyone. Every persons story is unique to them, though there are some common threads. Other people cannot decide who you are, that is up to you. What is it about yourself that has made you even explore what it might mean to not identify as the gender that you were assigned at birth?

For me, I did not need to read anything or have anyone else tell me. I knew that I was a girl very early in life despite having everyone around me insist that I was a boy.

3. Cynsen

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've always wanted to be a girl/woman. The earliest I can remember was about 9-10 after church. I prayed to God that I would wake up as a girl the next morning and then cried when it didn't happen. I know this is very cliche, but that is just one incident that made doubt my gender. Others include, but not limited to, always imagining myself as the bride in a wedding, always making myself female characters/roles in games I made with toys, being sad when I was told I had masculine body parts, hated being referred to as 'handsome' very viscerally, and always being fascinated with any gender bender concept I could find in media (Wishing it was me). I know most of this is probably just nonsense and could be applied to most people, but I'm nothing if not honest.

4. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    No, not to most people. People without a need to live in some manner as cross gendered from their birth assignment may sort of wonder but it is more a passing thought rather than something that keeps happening or that they often spend time contemplating over.

Have you considered actually taking steps towards transition? There is a thread here where you can experiment with names and pronouns and see how it feels.

#4 QuietPeace, May 21, 2021
    Last edited: May 21, 2021