1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Curse of Fetish

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Embarassed, May 14, 2021.

1. Shadowsettler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's actually quite fascinating. I guess it's a lot like african american people owning "their" word, I suppose... it's empowering them in a way. I do feel excitement with it but I'm not sure if I'm degrading myself that way or not... it definitely doesn't seem right to me as any other time that I hear it said it highly upsets me.

My other fetish is perhaps more embarrassing. I'm truly afraid to say it because I don't want to attract any attention to myself but it's also a lot less degrading and doesn't involve humiliation. It's just "taboo" and many people look down on it. I do my best to hide any traces of it from my friends and family as I'm afraid of looking weird or getting a bunch of strange, uncomfortable questions.

#21 Shadowsettler, May 15, 2021
    Last edited: May 15, 2021
  2. Embarassed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I understand completely.

3. out2019

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For years I used my fetish as denial- I really wasn't gay, it was just a fetish. Since accepting myself, I still have the fetish but 'allow' myself to fantasize about 'straight' :slight_smile: gay sex and the intensity and necessity of it has lessened - so it could have just been a way of allowing myself to fantasize about men, though, It seems my fetish is pretty common among gay men - or variants of it

4. Embarassed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's really interesting. I consider myself queer (bi doesn't really capture it) because people of all genders/sexes play roles in my fantasies, even though I act them out primarily with men.

out2019 likes this.
  5. I'm gay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Been here. Did that.

I too have had a fetish that is kind of embarrassing because it's taboo for a lot of people. When I was a young teenager, one of my best friends was standing on an outside staircase, and I was below him standing on the ground. And without me knowing it, he had taken his penis out and started peeing on me. It was just a joke, and I acted all disgusted and what-not at the time, but I was secretly turned on, and that experience gave me a lifelong (so far) desire to engage in watersports.

While I haven't really found my fetish to be a burden necessarily, I haven't found many people willing to share this with me and I rarely get to do it.

out2019 likes this.
  6. Embarassed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yours is not uncommon in circles where, well, it’s not uncommon.

7. out2019

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    With my fetish, I found the women 'excited' me when dressed that way, but I couldn't really get aroused... but that was enough to feed denial... when I finally looked at men dressed a similar way, I was easily sexually aroused