1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What’s your unpopular opinion?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Andrew99, Jul 31, 2020.

1. sojabohnenfeld

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm 19 and almost everyone I know uses Tik Tok. I didn't have a phone for a long time so I always felt left out. A lot of slang is used on tik tok and different gestures that people pick up. And I was left out of all of it. Also people often say "oh gay people do this, gay people do that, I saw it on tik tok" as if the lgbtq people on tik tok represent us all.

I don't like tik tok either. It's addictive and many of my friends... they use tik tok during class or during a conversation and during meals... sure tik tok can be funny and satisfying but it just overwhelms me. I guess there's something wrong with me. I don't know what to think.

2. Lemony

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Feel the same way about it.

3. Lemony

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The burgers are not better at hungry jacks.

4. sojabohnenfeld

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No way!!!

5. Redbud123

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    As an American, we should have cut our losses during the civil war and let the Confederacy secede. Northern Liberals and Southern Conservatives each getting their own country. It's hell trying to get anything done when we can't agree on anything, and honestly I think it's getting worse. What's a virtue to one group is a sin to the other.

I'm just tired of it all and want people to get along and work on making the country a better place.

(P.S. Sorry for getting political, I just wanted to get it off my chest)

#385 Redbud123, May 8, 2021
    Last edited: May 8, 2021
  6. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am not sure if it's unpopular but it may not a good thing to state.

Friendships with the opposite sex usually go south more than they are positive experiences. Being polite and friendly is too often misinterpreted as interest by someone you wouldn't want to date. You may have also told this person that you weren't interested in relationships at this point in your life, and they seem to nod and you think they get it. But they really don't.

Being polite and friendly seems to add nothing of value to someone of the opposite sex - or the same sex - that you have felt like dating or feel like dating. If they can afford to be picky, the main thing for them is that they are attracted to you.

7. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Nerdy rant- After a certain point, its not worth remaking Pokémon games. Gen 1 & 2 graphics and glitches were rough and in the franchise's beginning, each game brought pretty big changes (think gender, held items, natures and abilities). As they start remaking the newer and newer games, the upgrade blunders outweigh the needed upgrade mechanics.

8. sojabohnenfeld

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think they need to remake platinum... but otherwise yes. Didn't they remake black and white right away? I never played generation five but I was always confused by that.

9. Lemony

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The labyrinth movie was terrible and creepy with a bad plot.

10. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No worries. It is tiring. I think it's getting worse, too. Your post gave me something to think about. I've been thinking about what this could look like.

11. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Often times I've had friendships with people of the opposite sex ruined by other people. Such as a constant insistence that we are dating and then they are angered that we are not. This is why I ideally prefer to be friends with guys who have girlfriends, so then I'm not constantly bombarded with questions such as "Are you sure you're gay and not just dating him? It's fine if you are. Why don't you just date already? You look so cute together, why do you do this to me?" It gets old real quick.

Friendships with openly out gay guys are easier as well. The pressure from others isn't there.

I do find that with friendships a lot. With my female friendships, it's assumed we must be dating, and with my male friendships it's also assumed we must be dating. I think most people assume I'm bi and with a lot more game than I actually have. Maybe I just come across as flirtatious somehow? I'm not sure how, I'm not the touchy type. Rapport maybe?

12. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Reading your post reminded me of a novel I read a few months or so, where north and south actually do split.

It is a shame that the United States has become so polarized, split along political lines that one has to wonder whether it is actually possible to build bridges between the different groups.

13. sojabohnenfeld

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't think the usa should be split. It doesn't make sense. For example, 6 counties in Iowa voted for Biden, and they are some of the most populous counties in Iowa. If we split the usa, should Iowa go to Republican hell?

Another example: I met someone from Wyoming and they said that everyone likes to make fun of Wyoming. But what a lot of people don't realize is that there are two major Native American reservations there, the Cheyenne and the Crow, among others. Do they deserve religious republican hell too?

I think if the usa was split we would need to think about these details.

#393 sojabohnenfeld, May 11, 2021
    Last edited: May 11, 2021
  14. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    They didn't remake Black and White, but they did change their formula.

Instead of releasing a third game (like Platinum), they released two follow up games that were more of a sequel rather than the almost carbon copy that the third game usually is. Confusing, especially if you haven't played Gen 5.

They're remaking Diamond/Pearl this fall, which is as close as you're gonna get for awhile :slight_smile:

15. maybon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Five Guys is the most overrated, overpriced, tasteless, choiceless, franchise whose seasoned fries are inedible. I’d rather eat a raw potato out of one of the bags on the floor than ever taste any of their food again!

16. Redbud123

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Oh, I agree absolutely, the US shouldn't be split today, and it really couldn't be, not the way it happened during the Civil War. There's too much mixed opinion that's not bound by geographic boundaries. It's more urban vs. rural now, less north vs. south. It'd be impossible to draw the lines. You'd have to split up each state into tiny pieces. It just wouldn't work. That's why it's so important that we learn to work together.

Perhaps I was just ruefully imagining that if things were different in the past that we wouldn't have to deal with this ideological split today. But that's a rather selfish thought, I suppose, because the slaves in the south would have suffered much longer under slavery had nothing been done about it then. Maybe the Confederacy would have eventually banned slavery, but when? It was already the 1860's. Would the slaves have waited until the turn of the century? Later? Would they have traded slavery for a more palatable type of indentured servitude? Whatever may have happened, it was better for black people in America at least that the Confederacy died then and there.

17. sojabohnenfeld

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That makes sense! I'm sorry I kind of misunderstood. What you're saying makes me think of Canada honestly... not that I know much about Canada but as we know, much of our territory used to be in Canada just as much of it used to be in Mexico, too. I don't think the South would have turned any better if they seceded for longer but it's hard for me to say...........

18. PatrickUK

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's an unpopular opinion in my country, especially now we have left the EU, but I strongly support the idea of a United States of Europe - in other words the European Union, supercharged. When the UK was a member of the EU, I wanted us to be a lot more enthusiastic. We should have joined the Euro and pooled our sovereignty with the other member nations to create a more federalist union, with a common foreign and defence policy and a pan-European budget. It was a mistake of the Labour government in the early part of the century to step back from some of these ideas and avoid closer integration. They had benign economic conditions and a thumping majority to bring about these radical changes.

19. LilLady9

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like labels. At least when it comes to sexual orientation and gender identity.

20. Zakkai

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Might be controversial, especially for this site, but I think that people should wait until they are eighteen to get gender confirming surgery. I know some people mentally cannot wait until they are a legal adult, but I still believe it. I would never deny someone that right though, absolutely not.