1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I a plant-loving lesbian now?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Red Sun, Apr 3, 2021.

1. Red Sun

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My mother loves gardening and she has a garden. Growing up, I hated working in the garden. I preferred to play in the dirt with tools rather than doing the actual work like digging. It was exhausting. When she hired someone to do the work, my brothers and I were happy.

A few days ago, I have started to entertain the idea of having a potted plant. This is really confusing because I sort of hate forests (I think it's more of fear). I think they are beautiful and useful, but I wouldn't want to be near them.

I am actually thinking of getting some vegetables from my mother's garden to grow in a pot in our new house. I know my mother will be surprised by this. I want to take care of my plant and care for it as it grows so, I have been reading up on plants.

This is all theoretical for now, but the more I think about it, the more I realise that I may actually do it.

2. Suitsme

Suitsme Guest

My son has a Jungle in his living room. He loves houseplants. I had none. He gave me a baby prayer plant last year.

I’ve never really thought about plants before but I’m fascinated watching this one grow.

To my surprise, there has been a development this last few days. I’ve named him “ Oliver” and put him in a bigger pot lol

I guess we’ve been bitten by the bug so to speak? :slight_smile:

3. Loves books

Two summers ago my mother and I created an entire garden of window boxes and planters. We couldn’t plant them in the ground because it’s full of rocks. We bought them already grown and just put them in planters. I found it fun. Our plan this year is to try planting seeds instead of buying the plants grown. We have a couple of house plants but they are boring.

4. Red Sun

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    @Suitsme Watching them grow must be the greatest reward ever.

@Loves books I think I may get seeds too, instead of already-grown plants. I am thinking of writing down the whole growth process.

Yesterday, I looked up some DIY pots. It seems more interesting than buying one.

5. Suitsme

Suitsme Guest

That sounds like you both had so much fun with the garden. Seeds can be fun too! I’ve seen my mum grow her flowers from seed. She used to have loads of seedling trays in the greenhouse and when they started to grow she planted them in the garden.

6. sojabohnenfeld

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is so good! I think you should do it. I would say, try asking around to see which of the people you know have knowledge on plants! Like you, I didn't like gardening as a kid. I didn't like any of it. But I'm finding out now, that I didn't appreciate it. I think working with plants has been rewarding, and it's a very challenging experience. Another thing is, during lockdown I spent more and more time outside. Did lockdown make you more interested too?

7. Red Sun

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes, lockdown made me more interested. I talked to my mother. She says, she'll get me some seeds. I'm excited. I started working on the DIY pots. I have slowed down because of university, but I'm still making progress.

8. sojabohnenfeld

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yay good luck

9. Spaceseed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I’ve become addicted to plants over the last few years , plants are the best !

10. SimplyJay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I like plants & gardening as well.
    I've got a fair number of houseplants in my bedroom.

I start my vegetable garden plants from seed. (stuff like tomatoes & peppers get started inside sometime in April, then moved out when its warm enough..)