1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's Your Idea of a Perfect Date?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Spartan 117, Feb 11, 2021.

1. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Love it or loathe it, Valentine's Day is almost upon us!

Obviously, right now, many of us aren't able to meet up and date people. It's very important that you follow the Corona Virus restrictions where you live, avoid non-essential social gatherings and where a mask wherever possible. I know some people have had "virtual dates", feel free to share your experiences!

However, hopefully one day soon - this situation will be over and we will be able to go out and meet other people: and experience the joy and horror of dating once again.

With that in mind, my question to you is:

:heartpulse: What is your idea of the perfect date? or even What is your idea of a horrible date? :broken_heart:

For me, my best dates have been to something like a art gallery, aquarium or museum. Okay, I know this sounds terrible on paper, but hear me out! You want somewhere that's interesting but not TOO interesting, and where you can talk. Somewhere where you can be like "oh, look at that!" if there are dips in the conversation but it's not so engaging that you don't get a chance to talk: ie. watching a film or a show where you have to be quiet and listen. Though any date can go from a perfect one to horrible one if the person you're sharing it with is also horrible!

2. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member Away

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I haven't been on many dates, though I guess I'd prefer something simple. Maybe grab a coffee and walk around the river valley, or a date to a board game cafe or an activity. I guess I like things to do. Especially if I'm meeting someone online, which I'm terrible at, at least it's something we can do together.

Once Covid's over, I'd love to meet people in person at local LGBT activities or events. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I prefer meeting people physically than trying to get to know them through an app.

3. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I also like to do something on a date, and I love a board game cafe - though I know some people who aren’t used to games find that a very pressured environment! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Dinner, a play and coffee or dessert after to discuss the play.

5. uh bug

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    i have a girlfriend, but I've never gotten to go on a date (with her or anyone else) due to covid. my ideal date would be roller skating and playing arcade games, and then going to this local cake bakery i live by! after that we'd probably go on a night car ride and just vibe and be stupid.

6. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    @uh bug.....Hello and a great big LGBTQ+ welcome to Empty Closets! :old_smile: There are a number of sub-forums here on EC...why don't you check them out and then feel free to join in the conversations! We will do our best to be a support and a place to vent when you need it! We are so glad that you have found us here on EC! By the way...cute name! :old_big_grin:
    .....David :gay_pride_flag:

7. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The idea of meeting up for coffee or drinks on a first or second date and expecting spontaneous chatter and laughter is the worst for me. I did that a few times when I was single and able to mingle and it rarely worked out well. Nervousness led to periods of awkward silence, followed by forced conversation and a generally deflating feeling. Far better to do something together and give yourself some talking points... and when I say "do something" I don't mean jump into bed with each other (although you may at some point).

8. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    April 25, because it's not too hot, not too cold. All you need is a light jacket.

But in all honesty, just a date where conversation is really easy with the other person. Whether it's over dinner or just a walk, if the communication goes smoothly and flows with ease, to me that's a good date.

idsm, HydeandSeek and Kyrielles like this.
  9. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Going on a picnic or out on a walk in nature, being able to spend time talking and getting to know each other.

Kyrielles likes this.
  10. Frederik

Frederik Guest

i prefer somewhere nice and comfortable in nature like park or near lake or river . its more romantic to laying on grass and looking sky and talking about interest :couple_mm:

11. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I definitely like the idea of doing something together where we can discuss together. I think my favorite date was a whirlwind where I met this ecologist to visit the local botanical gardens, then a medieval fair, and finally dinner at a pub.

12. TumblnDice

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The perfect date is when he pays for everything. :grinning:

13. Lemony

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Something with adrenaline or like a calm cozy space. Playing video games together, sitting by a spa( Not dates I’ve been on but times I’ve felt emotionally close to someone I’ve been interested in)

14. Red Sun

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'd probably enjoy a date where did something we both enjoyed, like baking or painting. Something lively and cosy. I'd like it if the place was quiet, so we could talk or play the music we want.

15. BroChris

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My ideal setting would be with a boyfriend, matching suits but different acessory colors and such... In a restaurant. The resturant would be somewhere like golden corral, where the date.moves along at the pace we want.(entree,appetizer, dessert) Of course, we know that gay shame would be spread all around, but I have to ingore that. I would also like a date where I go outside with my boyfriend in suits, enjoying the outdoors at night because we could do so much without feeling embrassed because it's dark out.

16. Really

So! How was it?? :stuck_out_tongue:

LostInDaydreams and idsm like this.
  17. chicodeoro

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Doesn't the perfect date depend on the person with whom you're having the date?

Ultimately, it's only 'perfect' if something long lasting and real comes out of it.

The last date I had was 8 years ago now and it was just conversation and drinks overlooking the Thames. It ended with a kiss and within two weeks had blossomed into love. I very much doubt whether I'll get anywhere close to that perfection again...

...but hope springs eternal!

Beth

18. old tacoma

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It wasn’t even a date. I was out for my morning walk today, with the idea in my mind to walk along a particular beach. As I was making my way along the road to the beach, I got a text, “Look behind you...!” I turned around, and there was “B”, my friend! He caught up with me, and I mentioned where I was going. He decided to join me. So we walked together along the sand, on a beautiful morning. The beach is about 2 miles long. We walked all the way to the end, and back. After the beach, we walked to his house. Much as I want to be with him (those of you who know my journey), it’s not my place now, so I said goodbye outside and continued on alone to my house, thinking about that perfect date, so close ...
    And just for the record, I’m not sad about this. It was very good to see him, and I was happy that he had reached out to me along the way. Brings to mind a quote I saw over the weekend: “While I breath, I hope”

Lesbee and chicodeoro like this.