1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Shy Hello

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Minnie03, Apr 21, 2021.

1. Minnie03

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi everyone. My name is Minnie, or Min, and even writing this is difficult. I'm 30 years old, transgender, and very shy about talking to anyone. I always expect that people will hurt me because I'm different and in my day to day life I'm pretty closed off from the world with no one to talk to. I'm here because I recently started some therapy and it was suggested that I should try to find a support group online where I might be able to make some friends or at least talk to other people. I'm not sure how much I will be able to talk as I usually can't help but isolate myself, but at the very least I am here to introduce myself and see how things go. Hopefully with some time I can find some people to have some kind of online friendship with, but in the meantime I'll leave this there.

2. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Minnie.....Hello and a great big LGBTQ+ welcome to Empty Closets! :old_smile: There is a sub-forum here on EC that is titled “Gender Identity and Expression”. If you post there I think you'll find people who will understand how you feel and will be able to offer support and understanding! :old_big_grin: We are so glad that you have found us here on Empty Closets!
    .....David :gay_pride_flag:

3. Minnie03

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you. I'm trying to get my bearings looking round the site at the moment but I'm quite shy about actually talking. I will try to look through some of the different sub-forums and maybe I can find some places that I feel comfortable enough replying to get started. It's so difficult, haha!

4. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello Minnie and welcome to EC :slight_smile:

5. Minnie03

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation: