1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Umm... hi

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Lyris, Apr 18, 2021.

1. Lyris

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi, I’m Lyris. I’m bisexual and realized that after I tried to stop pinning myself to male crushes. As a result of that, I started thinking about my gender and I think I’m pangender or something, but I’m not entirely sure so I’ll just use the label genderqueer.

I’m out to my immediate family about being bi. I’m also out to some friends, but I keep forgetting which ones. I have only told my sister and this forum that I’m questioning my gender.

I love to write, and I’ve been writing ever since I could hold a pen. I am a self-proclaimed low-grade poet in the process of trying to get their work published in a couple of magazines. I have played piano for a decade so far and I’ve been teaching myself the guitar since last year.

Thanks so much for reading : )

2. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi and welcome to EC.

Congratulations on your progress coming out so far. :slight_smile:

Take a look around the whole forum. There’s a Gender Identify and Expression subforum, where you might like to read some of the threads and perhaps start your own.

3. Lesbee

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome, Lyris! Yes congrats on your coming out progress! I hope you find some posts or share some of your own that will help you through the questioning process.

I forget which of my friends I've come out to as well -- I just think "I'm out to everyone except my dad (and one specific old friend)", but "everyone" doesn't remember that day I waved a rainbow something by them, or mentioned it briefly in a conversation, so sometimes they catch it and are like... 'wait a sec, when did I miss that!' :grin:

That's so cool that you're writing and working on getting it published and play piano and are teaching yourself guitar! I love creative activities, I just need to make more time for them. I hope you keep it up always!

4. Mus1cGuy69

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hello there

5. Suitsme

Suitsme Guest

Hi Lyris! Welcome!

I’m not sure what my labels are... I was born female, but I’m somewhere smack in the middle of the gender scale, edging more masculine (femininely masculine). I’ve gone through most gender labels and questioned am I FTM over the years but I started to get all confused over it. So I say I’m non binary.

I’m also bi.

I find the gender part far more difficult to explain than the sexuality. People can’t seem to wrap their heads around it.

I play piano/organ/keyboard. And I’ve taught music. :slight_smile: I love it! However, as much as I’ve tried guitar I can’t seem to get the hang of it. I’m so used to keys!

6. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Lyris.....Hello and a great big LGBTQ+ welcome to Empty Closets! :old_smile: There is a sub-forum here on EC that is titled “Gender Identity and Expression”. If you post there I think you'll find people who will understand how you feel and will be able to offer support and understanding! :old_big_grin: We are so glad that you have found us here on Empty Closets!
    .....David :gay_pride_flag: