1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello, everyone.

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by RobbieP, Apr 18, 2021.

1. RobbieP

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I just wanted to say hello to everyone as I am a new member, as of today. It’s an interesting time that I decided to start this today, as my sister and I just had to euthanize her pittie today. He was not aggressive, but he did have aggressive mast cell tumors that had taken over his body. His quality of life was gone, and his systems were shutting down rapidly over the past few days. He was our sweet boy for 12 years, and we will miss him dearly. Easily one of the best dogs I’ve ever known in my life.

To why I am here, I figured tonight felt right to join this forum to speak about my experiences regarding my sexuality. I identify as a straight cisgender man who has developed an attraction to transgender women in the past 7 years or so. It wasn’t until recently, that I have come to realize that this may be a part of my sexuality, and not just taboo. I look forward to discussing this with people who may provide some insight and/or relatable experiences.

2. Suitsme

Suitsme Guest

Hi Robbie and welcome! You’ve come to the right place to help you discover yourself further.

I’m so sorry to read about the loss of your beautiful furboy. I fully understand your pain as I have lost a few over the years, the last being my gorgeous Labrador girl last summer (she was 131/2). It’s not easy but time does help ease the pain a bit.

3. NightSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm so sorry about your pittie. They are misunderstood as mean, vicious animals with terrible inteligence. I have personally lost animals. I understand. I lost my rabbit, Spunkey (Broken Tort Holland Lop), She was the most fluffy, kind, loving and sweet baby. She'd lick you until you'd be just as drenched from going into a swimming pool. I lost my pet duck, Clara to a coyote, Nibbles (Freshwater angelfish) jumped out of his tank, Pisachio my hermit crab was sick when I got it and Pinchy my other hermit crab died because he was 30-ish. I've had few human deaths but I oddly, care more about animals then most people.

4. NightSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    But, off the topic of animals, I'm NightSoul, Demi-girl, lesbian, only open to 2 people.

5. RobbieP

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you, Suitsme. I have lost two others in my lifetime as well. Both sweet girls. My first was a Rottie/Chow mix and she was 13 or 14, I believe. My second was a cocker/lab mix and she was 13. It does get easier with time, but the pain is definitely raw in the beginning.

But thank you, I think I am in the right place, and I’m looking forward to exploring this more.

6. Suitsme

Suitsme Guest

You’re so welcome!

So sad isn’t it! I always think about how happy we made them!! So many happy memories with each dog and how their characters are so different. They’ve lived to good ages :slight_smile:

7. RobbieP

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you, Nightsoul. I understand your attachment to little creatures. It’s been the same for me my entire life, whether dogs, cats, fish, guinea pigs, hamsters, snakes, or leopard geckos. You have my sympathies for your many losses.I appreciate you welcoming me, and I’m looking forward to exploring my sexuality further here.

8. RobbieP

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Absolutely. I have some great memories with him that I will cherish forever. He was a fantastic boy.

9. Mus1cGuy69

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Welcome to EC!

10. RobbieP

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you. Happy to be here.

11. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Robbie.....Hello and a great big LGBTQ+ welcome to Empty Closets! :old_smile: There are a number of sub-forums here on EC...why don't you check them out and then feel free to join in the conversations! So sorry about your companion...I love both dogs and cats and I know just how terrible losing one can be. We will do our best to be a support and a place to vent when you need it! :old_big_grin: We are so glad that you have found us here on EC!
    .....David :gay_pride_flag:

12. RobbieP

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you, David. That means a lot to me. I tried searching some threads regarding what I was looking for, but I only found ones from about 10 years ago. But that was on Sunday, so I’ll give it another search and see if anything new has popped up. I make end up making a thread of my own as well. But thank you once again. I’m happy to be here, and I appreciate the support greatly.