1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Gay Christian

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Beachboy, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Beachboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ever since I was 5, I have had strong homosexual feelings. Over the years I had engaged in much gay sex. Now as a Christian, I have a real struggle with my gayness. Are there any of you out there that are also gay Christians and who struggle with your homosexuality? I would love to make contact for mutual support.

#1 Beachboy, Feb 25, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2021
    gravechild likes this.
  2. DecentOne

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to Empty Closets Beachboy,

I have read the books which have be recommended here. Matthew Vines wrote “God and the Gay Christian”. Also “Torn: Rescuing the Gospel from the Gays-vs.-Christians Debate” by Justin Lee. These are are two of the books I have on my shelves and find useful. I also watched YouTube or TedTalk videos for Matthew Vines. They are worth exploring!

There are also Christian churches which are fully accepting of LGBTQ folks. During COVID many of those have online services, so you might “visit” and see if they are helpful, or reach out to the pastor or staff. Search “Open and Affirming UCC” for one such list. They have a search function to find a church near you.

#2 DecentOne, Feb 25, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
  3. mellissa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yes. Right here. This struggle has taken over my mind for the last several years. I know what it is like to be a Christian who is same-sex attracted and feel that inner conflict eat at you.
    I would love to talk.

4. Patrick7269

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you are thinking of this from a spiritual perspective, you may also want to read “Gay Perspective: Things our homosexuality tells us about the nature of God and the Universe” by Toby Johnson.

5. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Beachboy.....Hello and a great big LGBTQ+ welcome to Empty Closets! I wrote a very long post to you and then realized that I had completely missed a major question that needs to be asked first! Do you currently attend a church and are you out to them? I am a gay Christian, heavily involved in my church. But the only people at my church who know that I'm gay are myself and my wife. I am willing to explain why I feel that this is an acceptable situation etc., but if you are attending an accepting church or if you're not attending a church at all, then a lot of things change. If you feel that you could tell me a little more about your situation, then I think I could do a much better job of answering your question. :old_smile:

6. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone