1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possibly non-binary

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by HasMods, Jan 26, 2021.

1. HasMods

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey all. So basically, over the last few weeks i began to feel very confident that i was a trans girl. However, since yesterday night, joining this forum made me think about it a lot, and now i’m not so sure. When I think about characters in shows i relate to the most or want to model myself after, they’re almost always guys who appear feminine. I don’t feel like i’m a man or a woman right now, but when i first started questioning my identity i felt the same way i do now. Does anyone else relate to how i feel right now?

2. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    HasMods.....I'm not Trans, but I have a very special place in my heart for those who are. I know just how difficult it was for me to accept my sexuality, I cannot imagine how tough it would be to figure out that you are trans and then to transition. There are some great youtube videos by trans folks. Go watch some of them...I think they will encourage you and help you see that there are ways to deal with the situations that you are facing. :old_smile:
    .....David :gay_pride_flag:

3. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I also do not identify as Trans, nor have I felt quite the way that you describe which is why I did not originally answer. I have however transitioned and I see though now that you have not been given many answers and none by nonbinary people.

What about in real life? Is there anyone that you admire and would wish to be like? I myself cannot think of anyone in media that I have ever tried to model my gender identity after.

Not feeling that one is either male or female is pretty much the definition of nonbinary, it does seem that it might work for you.

Additionally though, a feminine appearing man is still a man. It is quite possibly to fully identify as male and be feminine. Even if a man wears dresses and makeup he can still be male, all it takes is identifying as male. How one presents to the world does not have to determine their identity. One possibly thing that you can do is to try different names and pronouns in the thread designed for that.

4. garbage

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi, I'm a trans-masc non-binary person. I hope my perspective can help you in some way.

I do relate to how you feel. When taking inspiration from how to present myself aesthetically, I look for androgynous people (typically in k-pop) from either end of the gender binary. Masculine-looking women and feminine-looking men, or simply anyone who challenges gender conformity, have always appealed to me.

As much as I've tried to adopt masculinity and identified with it on a personal level for myself, I do not feel as though I am man or woman, which is why I consider myself to be a trans-masculine non-binary individual.

I would not like to assert anything on you, but maybe you could look into the term "trans-feminine" and apply it to your potential non-binary identity.

I hope you know you are not alone in this journey, even though it definitely feels like it. Please feel free to reach out to me if you want to speak further! I wish you the best in your journey of discovering yourself.