1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stupid question that i can't answer

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by PanFurri, Jan 28, 2021.

1. PanFurri

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Okay, so hi there! I hope you're having a good day.

This is a really stupid question, but being surrounded with all this gay rainbow-ness, i can't help it. I recently realised i had feelings for on of my friends at school. She's a cis female, and straight as far as i know. i only came out to myself recently, and i think it was sparked by starting at a all girls school lol. I really don't know how to find out if my crush is gay. she's really tomboyish; we have the option of a kilt or trousers at our school, and she wears trousers all the time, she has a cute lil boycut and is extremely into sports. i don't know how to pop the question 'are you gay?' without being awkward or weird. any advice?

p.s: this isn't like,a little cute crush. this is a FULL ON, DREAM ABOUT HOLDING HANDS crush. Like a i-stare-at-her-face-during-online-lessons-crush.

2. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Clothing and interests do not necessarily indicate orientation. One of my friends growing up was very into sports and very "masculine", everyone was sure that she was a lesbian, she is straight. Also, crushes even very strong ones are just that, crushes. If you like go ahead and try to be her friend but it would be best not to be too invested in an outcome and take things as they come, if it works out then it will work out (Wu Wei - https://taoism.net/tao/wu-wei/ )

BiGemini87 likes this.
  3. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Does she know about your orientation? Is she someone that you speak to on a day to day basis?

4. PanFurri

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Silverhalo yes, i speak to her regularly. we're good friends; in school we usually sit and have lunch together, but because of lockdown now its more staring at her face in online classes : )

5. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do you talk to her outside of class via message etc? Would that just be messages between the 2 of you or with a group of people?

6. BiGemini87

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'll echo what @QuietPeace said: clothing/appearance don't necessarily mean anything regarding her orientation.

But that aside, I think it really comes down to how close the two of you are. You said you talk pretty regularly and before lockdown sat together during lunch--and that she knows you're not straight?

On one hand, telling her how you feel might put a strain in your friendship if the feelings aren't mutual. Even if you'd be okay with the rejection and just staying friends, there's a good chance it could still cause a rift.

But on the other hand... Nothing ventured, nothing gained. If you don't talk to her about how you feel, how will you ever know if she returns your feelings?

I don't have the answers, unfortunately. All I can do is encourage you to weigh the pros and cons, and see where they lead you. :slight_smile:

silverhalo likes this.