1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Height Difference? Dating Advice

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ravens97, Feb 2, 2021.

1. ravens97

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been seeing a boy remotely via zoom dates for the past few weeks. Everything has been going swell and we're going to finally meet in a few weeks. There's just one potential problem - a height difference.

I'm 5'7 and he's anywhere from 5'10 to 6'1. He does not know (although he does see my instagram pictures?) how short I am. I'm worried that he'll be turned off and disengage once he finds out. Don't want him to be caught by surprise when we meet but also don't want to sound insecure in bringing this up beforehand. In fact, he complimented me the other day saying "you are so confident and it's really attractive."

Do gay men care about height? If it matters, I'm a more masculine top and (I think) he's a bottom, but do not know for sure.

How should I handle this?

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! I wouldn't worry about your height or how your height compares to his. While some might have a preference, I don't think this is the time to worry about it.

If you go into it with it being potentially an issue, it will hang over you for the duration of the date (hopefully with social distance); chances are, you are not going to enjoy the time as much as you could or would otherwise.

It is easier said than done, but try to go into it with self-confidence. It sounds like you already have a great connection and you must have already displayed your self-confidence given what you have mentioned in your opening post. Try to use the date to build on it. :slight_smile: