1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sorry guys

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by jjusa, Jan 26, 2021.

1. jjusa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am trying to seek the truth by being on here and doing my own research. This is how my mind and body feel right now. I actually feel discomfort/emotional detachment from other women. If I didn’t, I would have already had a bunch of girlfriends at this point. I am trying to follow what my heart is (or isn’t) telling me.

BiGemini87 likes this.
  2. jjusa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks @K80outloud and @BiGemini87. I appreciate your comments very much. I’m just trying to figure out what makes me happy and who I would be happy with and I can only go off of my own past history.

K80outloud and BiGemini87 like this.
  3. BiGemini87

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Happy to help any time. I know it's a difficult journey, but I have faith you'll work everything out. :slight_smile: In the meantime, try not to be too hard on yourself or push yourself too hard. You'll get there. ^^

K80outloud likes this.
  4. K80outloud

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You’re welcome. Like BiGemini87 said, the process can be difficult and self-compassion helps.

Others can support you and share their stories, but you’re right that it’s about your history and experiences. It’s satisfying when it’s your process in your time. When you land (even when it’s for the time being), there’s a better chance of feeling settled where you are. :slight_smile:

BiGemini87 likes this.
  5. jjusa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Emotionally, I find women to be too aloof and I just don’t feel that romantic chemistry/interaction with them. I always have to be careful what I say, and I can’t be my authentic self. I understand where you are coming from and I appreciate you telling me your story @K80outloud. I’ve been abused by women too, but the romantic component probably just isn’t there for me.

6. K80outloud

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sounds like you’re figuring out what works for you! And, don’t know if there’s anything better than being authentic!!! I appreciate how you’re stepping into your process... you’ve reminded me that I can also be ok exactly where I am. Thank you. :slight_smile:

7. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This is interesting. For me it is mostly men to be the ones that are distant and refuse to emotionally connect, most only want to use me sexually.

I wonder if part of women being emotionally distant for you is because you are more attracted to men and so you just do not connect with women?

8. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not saying that this is what is happening here and it is something which in my time on EC I have seen more in gay males but I think it was what the previous poster was trying to say but just perhaps didnt word it in the best way. It is that to begin with the same sex attraction is solely physical, in no way shape or form do they want a relationship with the same sex but they have a growing desire to be with them physically. Often this becomes an overwhelming urge and those that act on it often immediately then feel disgusted with themselves etc. The urge goes away and then over time begins to grow again and it is repetitive in this cycle. Often if they can get to the root of whatever in their brain is causing them to feel that it is so wrong and as they work through that the romantic and emotional connections then appear and are just as strong.

As I said, I am not saying that is what is happening here @jjusa you are doing exactly the right thing by investigating and talking things through and figuring out what you like and dont like. Nobody should tell you the answers to these things because nobody can know but you.

Really likes this.
  9. jjusa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Both men and women are emotionally distant to me, but I mainly find women to be more emotionally ambiguous. I can’t handle ambiguity or ambivalent emotions (it’s something that I struggle with). I find that with certain men they want to connect emotionally without having to be fake about it, and men are generally easier to talk to. With women, I notice that I always have my guard up. I think you are right in that I just don’t connect to women.

10. jjusa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Tbh I am more interested in stopping the physical urges because I just don’t find a relationship between myself and another women to be possible. I want to rid myself of any urge or thought that I have about women. I just don’t see the point if it’s not going to lead into anything serious or something that I would want.

11. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The problem is you cannot alter your attraction. You cannot make attraction to a sex that you dont have and you cannot remove attraction that you have. You can chose not to act on it, that is absolutely up to you. If you could have an emotional connection with a woman would a same sex relationship then be something you would want?

Really and QuietPeace like this.
  12. jjusa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't know. It's already so difficult for me connect to others as an adult and I don't think I haven't really matured due to extreme bullying. Even if there was an emotional connection, I would feel too uncomfortable in my own skin to have the boldness to do anything about it. I would probably make a joke out of it, not take things seriously, and push them away. I am extremely emotionally immature and people don't like that. I'm not an authentic person. I've never opened up my heart to anyone of any gender and I think people can sense that and they back off as a result. I guess my answer is no... I would get too much negative feedback.

13. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So then you dont plan to date at all?

I think step one should be for you to get some help with your self worth and the issues that you have suffered as a result of being bullied. You are obviously mature enough to see the things that are potentially holding you back so there is obvious signs of logical mature thought you just need to believe that you are worth it and deserve it.

Really likes this.
  14. jjusa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks for saying that. No I don't plan to date. It's not my thing and after a series of bad dates, I just became completely uninterested. Also I've gotten fed up of people not giving me a chance that I now feel that I can only do that for myself. No dating but I do plan to get more therapy to help with the self esteem issues. I just want to be at peace with myself. :slight_smile:

#34 jjusa, Feb 6, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2021
  15. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sounds like a good plan. You have had a bit of a tough hand dealt to you at times but that doesnt mean you arent worthy, I am sure that in amongst the defence mechanisms you have built you have lots of good things to offer.

jjusa likes this.