1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sorry guys

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by jjusa, Jan 26, 2021.

1. jjusa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sexual orientation never ceases to confuse me, but I’m starting to come to a realization based on everything I have posted and heard from others. I think I am actually straight (or asexual) and my “attraction” to girls is just me being intimidated by them. For so many years I’ve tried picturing myself in a relationship with a girl - what that would look like, how we would interact and such- and I just can’t see myself being happy, comfortable and emotionally open to another girl. If anything, I think it’s just physical attraction and my low self esteem. I just want to say sorry for wasting everyone’s time, and thank you for the advice.

2. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Don't consider it wasting time or be sorry - Part of EC's purpose is to help people is to help people figure what their sexuality (or gender identity) is, regardless of where it ends up being on the spectrum :slight_smile: Glad you were able to achieve some clarity :slight_smile:

3. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Do not worry about it, as HM03 said that is part of why we are here. If you still have questions do not hesitate to ask.

jjusa and BiGemini87 like this.
  4. BiGemini87

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It wasn't a waste of time, and you have nothing to be sorry about. You never lied; you've been honest from the get-go that you were questioning your orientation. Heterosexual people are still welcome here, from what I've seen. Regardless of whether you're straight or not, it was worth coming here to talk with us. :slight_smile:

jjusa and QuietPeace like this.
  5. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    jjusa.....As others have said, your time here on EC hasn't been a waste as it seems to have helped you figure out your sexuality. Just because you've come to the conclusion that you are straight doesn't mean that time was wasted! We're glad that we were able to help.
    .....David :gay_pride_flag:

jjusa and BiGemini87 like this.
  6. 10 5 gang

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Interesting in your attraction were you ever sexually aroused at women?

7. jjusa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I’ve felt physical/sexual attraction to women before but I can’t imagine being in a relationship with a women. I care more about who I fall in love with.

8. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As the others have said there is no reason to be sorry, if we have helped you understand your position better or just been there when you need to talk then its not a waste of time. EC is an LGBT forum but thats not to say that we want everyone here to be gay. If people come here and figure out they are straight then that is equally fine by us, we just want to help people figure themselves out.
    You might find that as you work on your self esteem your feelings on the matter change and if they do then thats cool and if they dont then that is also fine.

9. 10 5 gang

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I mean a lot of gay folk can picture themselves with the opposite sex due to heteronormativity. I think you're gay if you can get off to women

10. jjusa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That’s completely different from being in love. I care more about romance i.e. trust, emotional intimacy and compassion. Women just don’t do it for me in that department.

BiGemini87 likes this.
  11. jjusa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It’s not heteronormativity because I’ve had real life experience dating and trying to figure out if a relationship between me and another woman could work, and it just doesn’t fit. It’s not what I want.

BiGemini87 likes this.
  12. 10 5 gang

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I guess. it just there's a disconnect between the physical and mental. I would say a lot of homosexuals especially those that were in romantic relationship feel a strong pull to their partner and do not want to end even though there's a lack of physical attraction. You might be a part of this group and these relationships end up with regret on both ends.

13. jjusa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I wouldn’t put myself in a romantic relationship position if I don’t feel romantic attraction to the other person, but I understand the point you are making about the lack of the physical aspect. It wouldn’t feel right if I didn’t have both physical and mental.

14. 10 5 gang

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's good that you accept that physical attraction is a necessity. The one thing I hate about the community, is in hiding away due to great (or very real threats) we end up hurting 2 lives. We deprive ourselves, our partners, and maybe children of a happy fulfilling life. Don't do this to yourself or your loved ones.

15. jjusa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sorry. I’m not sure I understand what you are saying. This post is all about how I’m not romantically interested in women.

16. 10 5 gang

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Are you sexually attracted to men? Do men float your boat? Or is it entirely or mostly emotional?

17. jjusa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No, it’s entirely emotional for me. I think I would probably only go for asexual men because I don’t feel any sexual attraction towards them.

18. 10 5 gang

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nah you're gay. Don't lie to yourself. Your discomfort and lack of emotional attraction to women stem from homophobia. Go to therapy find peace within yourself not an image paint by society.

19. K80outloud

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    @jjusa I want to acknowledge what you’re saying and feeling about being emotionally attracted to men but not sexually attracted to them and your exploration with women. Sexual and emotional attraction come in a wide variety of combos. You can be romantically attracted one way and sexually attracted in a different direction. Your emotional side can be homoromantic, heteromantic, biromantic, or aromantic. Your physical side can be homosexual, heterosexual, bisexual, or asexual.

I knew from 16 that I was sexually attracted to women, but they scared the daylights outta me. So, I continued relationships with men. My mom was emotionally and physically abusive toward me. Most of my life, Ive stayed away from female relationships/friendships terrified and convinced they would hurt me like she did. It’s not until my 40s and tons of trauma therapy that I’ve come to a place where I’ve healed the effects of abuse and feel emotionally connected to women. My orientation wasn’t part of that process until recently. Now, I have full friendships with women and feel settled identifying as gay. It feels liberating and free.

In no way am I saying this is your story! I’m only saying that self-discovery can take time and follow many different paths. Where those paths lead, who you meet along the way, the surprises you encounter, and the things you realize have always been there.... NONE of it is a waste of time, and ALL of it is yours to discover. Whatever combo your orientation is, it’s yours, and it’s beautiful.

jjusa likes this.
  20. BiGemini87

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's a pretty big claim to make without actually knowing @jjusa or the reasons for her feelings. It's not anyone's job here to tell another what they are or aren't; we can help them figure things out, but dealing in absolutes...is not wise.

@jjusa: The only person who can work out what your orientation is, is you. I urge you to continue exploring your thoughts and feelings, research, and continue reading other threads on EC to see what does and doesn't resonate with you.

LilLady9, HM03, K80outloud and 2 others like this.