1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Male sex toys and lubricant?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Javy, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Javy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well...

In this new world we live in, I'm in the market for my first toy.

Any suggestions?

I

2. Andrew7

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Personally, I'd suggest buying online for discreteness, assuming they package it discretely for shipping. As for what type, I guess that depends on your preferences perhaps.

3. Javy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    For sure I will be purchasing it online. Just asking to see if there's any recommendations.

4. Uncle

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Butt plug training set. Lots of lube Have fun

SGee likes this.
  5. PatrickUK

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Much will depend on your previous sexual experience with other guys. If you have never been a receptive partner (bottom) I would suggest starting gently with a small/regular butt plug and plenty of lube. Do not make the mistake of buying a huge dildo and taking as much as you can as quickly as you can.

6. DangerAlex

Are you a top, bottom, versatile, or unsure? Because your sexual proclivities will determine which types of toys you should focus on.

If you're a bottom, then dildos, butt plugs, and things like that are probably your best bet. If you're a top, maybe it's a fleshlight situation. If you're versatile or unsure, maybe try a little something from each category. But in all cases, start small and work your way up. By "small," I mean both in terms of size and price. This is new territory and you'll probably be doing things you've never done or aren't used to doing, so taking baby steps is important. By extension, you want to keep your investment to a reasonable level because you could very well decide that whatever toy(s) you but isn't/aren't for you.

Investing in a good lubricant is always a good investment. Water-based is a good multi-purpose lube, but I prefer silicone-based lubricant for when I'm being sexual with another person. In my experience, silicon-based lube doesn't "wear off" as quickly as water-based lubes, but YMMV.

SGee, musicteach and RonRoberts like this.
  7. Javy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you for your response, its definitely informative.

8. RonRoberts

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Do any particular online stores have better quality toys?

9. Javy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    From my experience I went to two local stores in town. One of them was adam and eve, which is a national chain, I wasn't really impressed with them. The other place had more selection, the associate opened the packages up for me to feel the material of the toy. So I will be going back to that place. Obviously, there's options online but I haven't shopped for toys online yet.

RonRoberts likes this.
  10. Shorthaul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Generally you want to avoid the jelly type toys and look more for silicon or pyrex toys as they tend to be better quality. Considering their intended use, you will want to spend a little more and get a good quality toy. And you do want to start with a smaller toy and not just buy the biggest one you see.

I like pyrex or glass toys as they clean easily and you don't have to worry about the lube degrading the toy. They don't have any flex or give so you do need to be a little careful when using them.

RonRoberts likes this.
  11. RonRoberts

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Super helpful!! Thank you!!

12. SGee

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I started with anal plugs and loved it

13. MisterMissy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I've tried a little of everything.
    In terms of fleshlights and other pocket vaginas, I'll play devils advocate here and offer a little warning.

Initially, I couldn't afford the good stuff, but was eager to get something, so I tried one of the $22 Amazon budget fleshlight clones, and at first it was pretty cool. But, after a few weeks, it really started to hurt and become abrasive. Figured that was because it was cheap, so I got what I paid for. I then found a few other fatter and softer toys with more creative interiors, and I even upgraded several months later to a genuine Fleshlight model. But, despite trying out about 6 different types, they all eventually got tossed out due to the unpleasant abrasion I was receiving.

This is because when you get these pocket vaginas with their simulated skin, you have to keep them powdered with cornstarch, otherwise they'll become incredibly sticky and begin to both shed and crack. But, when you put cornstarch all over these things, that tends to mix with the lube the next time you use them, and then it starts to work a little like fine-grit sandpaper on your package. Breast toys yield the same problem too.

I'd like to hope there's an ideal way to powder your sex toys so that this abrasive issue doesn't occur as badly, but I never learned of any. And there's a pretty good chance my shaft is simply overly sensitive. Can't entirely be sure.

On the other hand, if we're talking dildos and butt plugs, while I can't speak to any specific model or brand, I can say that glass wins out far better than soft rubber, in my opinion. Glass is a breeze to get up in there, and makes insertion a lot easier to manage when trying to grip it and insert it at the right angle. Trust me, it's hard to stretch and bend that way for too long. XD

gravechild likes this.
  14. Javy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people

Thank your for your response. I to started with some of the inexpensive toys but quickly found that I wasted time and money. However, it definitely was an experience using anal toys. Nonetheless, I decided I buy a vibrator with an angle on it to hit my spot. The associate at the store recommended I use silicone lube with the silicone toy. *She advised that I wash it, right after I use it.* I must say that I prefer water based lube. I agree that it kind of struggle find the right position using these toys. Obvi, I'm still a rookie at anal play. Man how I prefer the real thing lol.