1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has anyone else became more flamboyant over time?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Joe2001, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Joe2001

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I was always really shy and quiet as a kid but not any more. I do admittedly have a bit of anxiety which does impact things a bit, but generally over the past 2-3 years and particularly recently, my personality has became much more flamboyant and obviously gay.

Is this common? Happened to you?

2. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I wouldn't say my personality has gotten more flamboyant, but I do/like more stereotypical gay things. While I still like the music I've always liked, since coming out I like a lot more pop stuff. I've also gotten a lot more sarcastic lol

3. Joelle b

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I am more flamboyant. As a little kid I was just as quite and timid and ladylike as I was raised to be and I was responsible for taking care of many of my siblings. At a certain point I changed and now I am very brazen and happy despite my depression.

4. Joelle b

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    As in, I am as flamboyant as I possibly can be while still being very depressed

5. Destin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It comes and goes. I generally always had a very rigid masculine personality because that's what was expected of me growing up. Over time I've let that go a bit and I guess act somewhat more flamboyant because of it. Other people noticed it long before I did, although now I notice even my thoughts are less rigidly masculine. It still feels weird to be honest.

6. PeterWI

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I was unconsciously a little gay-acting, until I entered my pre-coming-out confused phase when it all became self-conscious so I was hiding. There were other times I tried to hide it, but it's not really me.

As for thoughts, sure, repression and denial can go really deep. The rigidity in masculinity is a kind of reaction formation.

It's definitely weird being gay. There is definitely a feminine or flamboyant aspect to it, but I'm OK with that, at least consciously. I just need some female friends, AKA "hags" or "flies", which is my usual MO. I think flamboyance is a kind of acting out and might just be satisfactory (there's a bit of pressure tbh). Also, I've been thinking that in some way it's easier dealing with being obvious than coming across as ambiguously gay, but maybe that's just me.

#6 PeterWI, Sep 30, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
  7. Vesta

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I tend to be quite blunt. I say things as I see it. More so after university. Apparently this is quite an uncommon behaviour around my area, so it attracts a lot of attention. Especially from men.

8. BlueMonday

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've always remained in the "very gay" level on the scale of flamboyance. The only thing that sets me apart is the fact that I'm antisocial, nihilistic, and serious rather than extroverted, happy-go-lucky, and optimistic like most flamboyant gay guys I've met.

#8 BlueMonday, Oct 4, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2020
  9. solarcat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I think that after coming out I stopped worrying as much about hiding my personality away. Coming out, transitioning, and therapy have all helped me act like myself. I'm definitely a bit more effeminate than I was a few years ago, but even now i probably come off as something of a tomboy.

10. Tymee

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yes! I have become very flamboyant and I really love it. I feel so right and it’s a wonderful feeling

11. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think that as I've become more comfortable with myself, I have become a bit more dramatic / theatrical in a sense. Particularly when it comes to making jokes, singing around others and I think I just come across as more relaxed in general. I am often described as "a chill presence but no filter". My friends make gay jokes, without ill intent and I play along with the banter. It's usually just silly such as "and of course, this one travels by the power of rainbows", "I can confirm, it saves me money on travel expenses" etc.

12. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Most people read me as a gay male. When I first came out as trans, I felt like I had to be super masculine. As time went on, I started to accept the more feminine side od me that remained. So, I guess you could say that I just became more comfortable with myself.

13. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've tried. Its not for me. I envy those who are naturally that way

14. atomidog

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, and no? Like, I have a straight and bloke-y best friend and in comparison I am definitely your gay best friend side-character in a Netflix series. I guess that's kind of only exaggerated in the last few years. However, I think I'm just becoming more cynical of my own q*eer-ness since I've tried to seem more chill and masc to guys on gay dating apps. But anyway, yeah, TLDR, I'm flamboyant as hell hahah.