1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out as wrong gender

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by HappyRay, Jan 3, 2021.

1. HappyRay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I cam out as boyflux to my class and all my friends and close family and now I am questioning if I am trans masc and I feel bad for potentially coming out wrong and I don’t know how to “uncome out” or come out as somthing diffrent. I know they would be accepting I just don’t know what to say to them. Any ideas? Thanks!

2. Hypernova

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you find a label that fits you better, just tell them that. Tell them you've found something that fits you better. It's not that big of a deal, I'm sure.

3. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think the best route is to just be honest. I came out as a lot of different things and people were cool about it. Things can be fluid so that sometimes makes it hard to figure out how you identify. As time goes on we learn more about ourselves.

#3 BradThePug, Jan 3, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2021
    Lesbee likes this.
  4. EleanorHunter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm with everyone else who's responded so far. Just be honest! If you feel like something else fits you better, there's nothing wrong with letting people know. Coming to terms with your identity is tough and takes a lot, so it's totally natural to find that what you originally thought doesn't fit quite the same now. In the end, it's your journey, no one else's.

5. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Labels are for clothes. :slight_smile: Keep in mind that if you choose an obscure label, you'll spend your time explaining it to everyone, because very few people will know what you're talking about. So I wouldn't stress about it. When you are trying to figure yourself out, what matters is that *you* understand yourself. Everyone else can wait until you have it figured out, and once you do, you'll most likely find that you fit into one of the commonly used labels.

quebec, LostInDaydreams and Commenza like this.
  6. jessie19

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Just remember, only you can know who you are, and it takes years for some, so dont worry if you have come across a gender you better identify with, then find what you are comfortable with and be the best you, you can be

7. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    HappyRay.....Hello and a great big LGBTQ+ welcome to Empty Closets! There is a subforum here on EC that is titled "Sexual Orientation". If you post there I think you'll find people who will understand how you feel and will be able to offer support and understanding! We are so glad that you have found us here on Empty Closets!
    .....David :gay_pride_flag: