1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Been 4 years since I left, and have returned with a new mission.

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by MisterMissy, Dec 8, 2020.

1. MisterMissy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Pardon the dramatics, I'm just excited.

So hi everybody. I'm an old member from 2017 who's come back with a new purpose and personal goal. The first time I was here was just after I realized that I was gay, or at least at the time, the homosexual feelings were the most prominent. I needed a place to figure myself out, whether I was Bi or Gay or something else. And during my time here, not only did this forum help me immensely to understand myself better, but I think I made a small impact in my own way with a few people's questions and stories. Helping others make breakthroughs just as much as y'all were helping me was really special to me.

Today, I am thankful to say that after 7 failed first-dates, I eventually landed a winner, a sweet, gentle, and very huggable trans-man, and we've been together for over a year now. Since the first day we matched on ###### (which is still wild to think that we met that way), we've almost never missed a day to text each other. Before Covid, we hung out almost every weekend, either I'd stay at his place, or he'd stay at mine. Sadly, COVID has kept us physically apart since March of 2020, but we're already making preparations to move him in with me once my family and I are able to get the vaccine in 2021.

So why have I come back to Empty Closets? Not for myself, but for my partner. I want to do everything I can to help him become the man he wants to be, and learn everything I can to make that as painless a process as possible.

I want to learn about information resources, healthcare options, hormonal therapy, gender reassignment surgeries, and read personal experiences from other trans-men. My Boo knows some things, but he's never really dug deep into it all, he's also not much of a planner, if I'm being honest. I think he needed a supportive rock in his life after his former boyfriends. He's even told me he wouldn't know where he'd be right now without me.

So... I guess you could say I consider myself his loyal knight, and he's my prince.

His health and well-being are my chief priorities.

2. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome back MisterMissy. Nice to hear that you want to help your boyfriend with finding resources and help him through his transition.
    If you're looking for resources for him, there's a list in the Gender Resources thread.

3. MisterMissy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Many thanks, Hawk. :blush:

4. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome back. :slight_smile: That's a very sweet story, and it sounds like you and your partner are happy. Your commitment to him is quite evident. :thumbsup:

5. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    MisterMissy.....Hello and a big welcome back to Empty Closets!! Have you thought of checking out FtM videos on youtube? Here are a few good ones...
    Sam Collins
    Alex Bertie
    West Coast Elements
    Fox and Owl
    Cameron Russo
    Skylarkeleven
    Ash Hardell
    Jake Edwards
    Jammidodger
    Noah Finnace
    Parker Jeydon Wale
    Some of them haven't posted much lately but if you go back a year or so you can look at videos that share their process of transitioning. Alex, Skylark & Jammi are good examples of this. There is a big variety with this list, so I think you should be able to find someone that will be similar to your boyfriend's experience. Your boyfriend is lucky...You sound like a great boyfriend!
    .....David :gay_pride_flag:

6. MaybeBoy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Aww that’s really sweet :slight_smile:

Welcome back!

7. Tymee

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I happy for you!! You're an awesome guy supporting your partner in such a great way.

8. Mus1cGuy69

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
  9. Obsidian3

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wlecome back to EC this is amazing what you are doing with your boyfriend. Good luck finding the right answers!