1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Body hair

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by MaybeBoy, Dec 17, 2020.

1. MaybeBoy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I’ve been trying to think of ways to explore my gender privately. Letting my body hair grow instead of shaving (which I’ve never been super good at keeping up with anyway) is one thing I’m trying. Body hair has never really been an issue for me personally. The only things that’s ever bothered me about it is the way other people react to it. I’ve decided to stop giving a damn about that and I’m planning on getting some nice comfy dude shorts to wear around the house. Gonna let my leg hair be open and free and see how that feels to me without letting other people’s opinions get in the way.

Was growing (or getting rid of!) body hair a helpful step for any of you in becoming more comfortable with your gender?

2. Clara7

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey! It’s really cool that you’re taking steps to explore your gender more. For me, shaving my legs was so freeing. I’ve hated my body hair for so long so finally being able to shave it off a couple of months ago felt amazing. It lets me wear skirts without feeling super self conscious so that’s a plus also.

Daddio likes this.
  3. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Shaving and then epilating my body hair was part of helping me to present in a convincing way. Having a more stereo-typically feminine body/presentation both helped my own self view and helped others to view me as a woman which does make me more comfortable.

I am a little uncertain about how you phrased it though. I now do not shave (my facial hair is gone due to electrolysis and my body hair is very much reduced after years of HRT so I am feminine appearing even with lightly hairy legs, arms etc) but I am still very comfortable in being a woman.

4. Daddio

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've had the same experience when I started shaving my legs. I like the cold weather season, because I can hide it better. I am really thinking hard about keeping them shaved all year.
    Growing my regular hair long has been more difficult. My wife likes my hair on the shorter side. During the first pandemic shutdown, it was easier to let it grow longer, but it takes such a long time.
    Will the hair on my head grow faster if I start HRT?

5. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I’m not sure if the body hair thing helped. I for sure have almost all body to shave and I hate to spend hours on it, here are so many other more interesting things to do.

Also, when I started to want to actually pass, I stopped shaving my arms, which I guess improves the passing a little.

6. sweetfemme90

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well I am a woman and I have become comfortable with my body hair for the most part. It is a natural part of being a woman. We have hair under our arms, on our legs, and even facial hair, sometimes called peach fuzz. For some of us the hair is darker and longer. And of course we have hair around our genitals and buttocks. I don't subscribe to a gender concept or think having hair means I am less of a woman or anything but a woman. Society in the West in particular has told women our hair is unacceptable. My mother would pick on me for not shaving. It is time consuming, you have to do it frequently, and razor burn is uncomfortable. Waxing is expensive and painful, especially if we are talking about Brazilian waxes. I think having hair symbolizes adulthood. Women are taught to look young and mimic child-like qualities. While I won't unpack that theory here, just think about it. Knowing this information has helped me accept my body hair and embrace it. I love the hairy leg look. Or well hairy everything. I agree it is bothersome with the way people react to it. I hope I can give you the confidence boost you need, there are more of us hairy-bodied folks out there who love it. FULL BUSH, BABY. Be proud.

Kyrielles, Daddio and QuietPeace like this.
  7. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Those are unhealthy, btw. It turns out that pubuc hair prevents infections in some way. Also people get tragic hair follicle inflammations from waxing that area and end up on antibiotics. According to some survey I read, 70% women in America remove gair from the bikini area completely, but I find it hard to believe. I don’t talk about this sort of stuff with women any more, but in the past it didn’t seem like most removed the bikini area.