1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I know my gender, but I need help figuring out what it’s called.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by CactiCat, Dec 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CactiCat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Man it’s been a long time since I’ve been here. So after many, many years, I’ve finally figured out my gender. Except I don’t know what the name for it is, so I was hoping I could have some help with that. It’s a little odd, but I’ll try my best to describe it.

So sometimes I like having boobs, sometimes I really don’t like them. It just kinda depends on the day. I like to joke around with friends that my boobs don’t match my outfit sometimes. I like she/they pronouns, but some days I like she/her more, and others I really don’t care which.

So what is the name for this? Genderfluid? Thanks for the help!

2. ClearOcean

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Genderfluid could be right. But girlflux and demigirl could also work. Demigirl means that you're partially a girl. Girlflux is more similar to genderfluid, where you experience varying degrees of a feminine identity. Some days, you may feel entirely female, or maybe partially other days, or maybe not at all sometimes. Hope you figure it out!

3. CactiCat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you!

4. ClearOcean

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    No problem.

5. sweetfemme90

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I never understood why disliking your body parts meant you were a different gender. Having breasts can give us unwanted attention or psychological discomfort. Or at times physical discomfort. So not wanting or liking them I can totally understand. I think it is normal for women to dislike their bodies or wish they looked different. Perhaps examining why you like or dislike breasts and wondering where that all comes from. Ask yourself why you like she versus they pronouns. What comes to mind when I say 'she' versus 'they'.

MStream, gravechild and Mihael like this.
  6. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, for transgender folks, the reason to not like breasts would be “because breasts are a women’s body part and I am not a woman, they’re inappropriate”. I mean, this comes from a clinician who actually deal with transgender patients and needs to distinguish.

only you can know which reason you have for feeling a certain way about your body, so just some food for thought.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.