1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starting to let my inhibitions go

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by SGee, Dec 3, 2020.

1. SGee

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I’ve bottled my gay desires up since I was 13 after I had a sexual experience with another boy. I liked it so much but the world was so different then. I’m 48 now.
    A few years ago the desires started coming back so strong. I’m accepting it now. I just cant fight it anymore.
    As I do I’ve found that these emotions are just filling my head 24/7. Yesterday while standing in line at a store I started thinking how a guy in front of me would be in bed. I’ve never had such strong desires come up like that.
    I’m starting to check guys out and even flirt. Its an intense change...

Biappeal, JessNC, maybgayguy and 2 others like this.
  2. Contented

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    SGee, know exactly how you feel. Been there, done that, got the T-shirt. For me once the same sex attraction started it was impossible to stop the train. I half heartedly tried to deny my feelings but in reality I wanted it so badly I could no longer. The desire to be with another man was so intense , so overwhelming, and constant that I knew underneath all my so called protestations I wanted it desperately. Once I finally dropped the barriers and inhibitions it was heaven. Being with another man was better than I even fantasize. I knew without a doubt it was right for me. I suggest you let yourself go with it.

#2 Contented, Dec 3, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
  3. SGee

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Every time I try to deny it now it comes back even stronger. Yes- I’m letting myself go with it now

Gayhusband and old tacoma like this.
  4. Contented

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you find once you are with another man those doubts and fears disappear. For me it just seemed so incredibly right. It was if a door to my true self opened allowing me to be who I was finally without shame or reservations. I wish you that liberation and freedom.

Gayhusband, old tacoma and SGee like this.
  5. SGee

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thank you!

old tacoma likes this.
  6. Joolz66

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Once you cross the rubicon there is no turning back. Your desire for other guys will accelerate every time you admit your homosexuality to yourself and denial no longer is an option. When you finally give in and meet someone you will realise that sex between two men can be the most romantic, natural and orgasmic experience of your life.

#6 Joolz66, Dec 7, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2020
  7. Contented

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The above comments are so absolutely true. It took me one time with another man to realize this is what I wanted permanently. There was no comparison between being with a man or a woman. I never experienced the depth of emotions nor the pure sensuality with a woman as I did with a man. I wanted, no needed to embrace my homosexuality in order to be truly happy.

old tacoma and Joolz66 like this.
  8. out2019

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is so true. It used to scare the hell out of me. It felt like losing control, then you get a sense of peace from it.

Its a weird feeling like you are no longer in control but you're in more control than you've ever been. It's like I was trying to manually regulate some natural part of me (denying my sexuality) and once I got rid of that your real self can 'breathe'.

I haven't been with a guy yet, and I used to use that to doubt and question, but now i know this is true. I no longer 'worry' about it. I know when it does happen it's going be so natural because it's so natural already in my mind.

RedPilgrim and Joolz66 like this.
  9. out2019

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, denial can be really exhausting.

10. Contented

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Out2019, it still might be hard to imagine that you will find sexual intimacy with another man natural however I assure you, you will quickly find it to be the case. I was like you as I acknowledged my same sex desire the idea of physical Intimacy still seemed not natural. I quickly found out that was not true in the least. For me physical intimacy with another man was far more natural than anything I ever experienced with a woman. I remember waking up the next morning with him and thinking this seems so right, so natural. I had no misgivings, reservations or doubts about my sexuality anymore.

Snowqueen, Joolz66 and AQueerGirl like this.
  11. out2019

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't have any doubts anymore that my (gay) sexuality is real, and the real thing will be even better than I thought it would be. I used to just think its' a fantasy in my head, but not anymore.

12. out2019

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For those of us who were in deep denial, When we finally let ourselves start to look it can unleash a torrent of feelings and also feel hard to control. Some call it a 'second adolescence' because we didn't' come to terms with being gay younger.

For years we were suppressing it, or associating it with fear (what if someone realizes i am 'looking' and they will find out I am gay!) for me now I feel kind of a sensual happiness, I also feel happy with myself that I am allowing myself to experience my desires.

old tacoma likes this.
  13. Joolz66

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So true. When I accepted my homosexuality it was like pieces of a jigsaw coming togwther all at once and gave me new perspectives on my life present and past. Hold on to it out2019, its worth it.

Adz6, Tymee and out2019 like this.
  14. Tymee

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I stop denying it years ago and I feel so alive!! I'm horrible at flirting in person (got take a class) but I definitely look at men in a total different light.

RedPilgrim and Joolz66 like this.
  15. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Seeing guys of interest" is intense isn't it? I see guys at stores, walking downtown (for exercise during these virus lock down days) at coffee shops, THERE EVERYWHERE and I want all of them!

Oh ya flirting is fun isn't it? I never thought I had the ability, but I do.

Adz6, out2019 and Tymee like this.
  16. out2019

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Before I really accepted myself, I didn't notice guys on the street. I think I would quickly shut it down or repress it. That helped me convince myself I wasn't gay. But after I truly accepted myself I started to notice cute guys and I started to realize I was repressing myself. Now, if I see a guy that turns me on I think 'yum' :slight_smile:

Yes! although I feel giddy and nervous, it also feels so much more natural than trying to force myself to talk to women, like I used to do.

Adz6 likes this.
  17. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm trying to understand the mechanism of shut it down and / or repress it. To me this is the chicken and the egg scenario. How can you repress something you consciously do not know about? And this is were subconscious suppression comes into play. A person's subconscious knows something you conscious does not know about. Very interesting topic and one I do not have enough time to fully research....yet.

Ah this says you know what gay is and you are asking yourself a question. I see this as a break down between the sub-conscious and the conscious.

Oh you mean like a teenager feels?

Funny how that works isn't it?

Again you not listening to your inner self. It's like your sub-conscious is screaming at your conscious.

out2019 likes this.
  18. AQueerGirl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people

You just said EXACTLY what I felt after my first time with a woman. I wondered before whether it’ll feel natural or weird and awkward, I also were with guys before and heard stupid comments that lesbians don’t feel “the real thing”, but still they made me wonder.
    After my first time with a woman it felt like the most natural thing to do and I promised myself to never suppress my feelings again. And I find myself that ever since, I started more and more checking girls out, so I can fully relate to this.

Blueplanets and out2019 like this.
  19. Contented

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We are programmed by society to believe that heterosexuality is the only legitimate sexual identity. This brain washing is so effective that we buy into it even if we feel otherwise until that day comes when you realize it was all a lie. Same sex attraction is just as legitimate, normal and in our cases so much more fulfilling emotionally and sexually. In some ways I envy the younger generation of gays and lesbians who don’t ever have to pretend to buy into the ridiculous heteronormative brain washing and courageous declare their homosexuality.

Blueplanets and AQueerGirl like this.
  20. Blueplanets

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    You are not alone. I'm 29, but all I want are petite brunettes. I only realized 2 days ago that I do have a type. I just get so aroused it's almost unbearable. I've never felt that way for a man in my entire life. It's weird when you repress things so deeply to have them be in your face "consciously" and then you realize it was basically screaming at you all along.
    I am learning to accept it. I just can't fight it. It's too strong.
    Perfect example:...:smirk:
    I can't change my avatar for some reason so it dates from 2014. That's the type of girls that filled my instagram. There wasn't a single boy there. Lol, can't believe I thought I was bicurious. Lol, which part of you is straight blueplanets?:joy:

Joolz66 likes this.