1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm Confused

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by PurpleAura, Dec 7, 2020.

1. PurpleAura

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Am I gay or am I bisexual? (I am a 24 year old, cis female by the way) I have only ever been in love once and that was with a woman, but I've only had dates and relationships with guys. I have had crushes and attractions towards lads when I was younger but I do feel more drawn towards women. For instance, I can't imagine being married and having children to a man, whereas I can envision my self settling down with a woman quite easily. I am open to having sexual encounters with a man without the commitment of a relationship... I don't think I am romantically attracted to men basically and I only have a small percentage of sexual attraction towards them as well so it's probably unlikely to happen. From reading this would you say I am bi because there is a small percentage of interest in men or...?

2. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Off the top of my head and only from what you have said here in this one post, I would say that my first impression is that you could be bisexual with a preference for women. I do feel that the labels we use are only for informing people about ourselves and that they should not define or limit us, if a label stops working for you there is no shame in adjusting or totally changing it to one that fits better.

Andrew7, BiGemini87 and PurpleAura like this.
  3. solarcat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    You could also be bisexual but homoromantic, ie you're physically and sexually attracted to either sex but only romantically interested in women.

4. shaunb33

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Everyone thinks differently when it comes to this subject... but might I ask what your fantasy life is like? Does it reflect the experiences you have in person or are they complete opposites? For me my fantasies have not matched my two in person encounters. I love thinking of both men and women but no matter how hard I tried I couldn't feel a natural click with men.. it might happen one day though. Women is a completely different story though.

5. BiGemini87

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Small percentage or not, it sounds like bisexuality. Bisexuality is seldom a 50/50 split, and even for people who have pretty consistent ratios, they can shift from time to time. If you have a preference for women, there's nothing wrong with that. :slight_smile: I agree with @QuietPeace: don't let the label restrict you. If you find yourself enjoying the company of a man more down the road, there's no shame in that. If you never do, likewise.

Andrew7 likes this.
  6. Cind Ace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    hey PurpleAura,

I used to label myself before ,I called myself bi coz I had been with few men in my life before I met my girl but later on I realized regardless of label nowadays I do not care about it.
    For me we almost have the same series of experiences , been with a guy but it was never like there were sparks flying or a future to see more with a man than what I have imagined more with a woman. I too adore men dont get me wrong but only physically or being just friends with them but never intimacy or like a more deeper connection like how I feel with woman. I was in denial before when I was young, societal issue or depends where you come from like heteronormativity was like a hard force to break and that have prevented me before to explore more to women .
    What im saying is ,
    no matter where you come from or makes you confuse or holding you off to what you want just simply go for what makes you feel Happier rather than this gender labels and all. Go for what your soul & heart satisfy you the most.
    Im hear to talk to you if need some. You do you gurl!

BiGemini87 likes this.