1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I a crossdresser.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Chubnative, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Chubnative

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Ok, I think I'm in the right place now.
    Ok now I've been trying to get this confusion out of my way. I started wearing women's underwear when I couldn't find the styles I used to like in the men's department anymore. So I drifted over to the women's department and found they have a lot more selections than the men do. I don't wear any that are lacy or really feminine. Just the basic cotton bikini brief and they have plus sizes that fit me.
    So now that have been through that part I had the same thing happen with me with jeans/pants. I went to buy me some pants for an event that I had to be a little dressed up for. Couldn't find my size. I even went to a big and tall stores, way to expensive. So I visited the women's department again.
    I have to say women have some comfortable jeans and plus size are new words in my lexicon. I am finding leggings are so comfortable too.
    I guess I wanted to just get this off my chest or something. I don't really feel feminine wearing these articles of clothing. It's that they are comfortable and in my size I wear them. I even wear them around family and they can't even tell the difference that I'm wearing ladies jeans or leggings.
    So after all that, I have to ask if anyone else feels like I do?

2. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am a woman who was assigned male at birth. I do not find pants comfortable at all. Womens pants are all about the male gaze and fit like a girdle (though I guess you would not know what that feels like, so feels as if you are wearing your own skin but as if your skin did not grow at all from the time you were 5 years old). I wear tights for warmth and when the weather is real cold I wear sweats on top of that under my skirts.

As far as if it is cross dressing, I do not think so. And aside from that I think that genderizing clothing is silly. What I wear is womens clothing because they are MY clothes and I am a woman. I think that people should wear what is comfortable. If that means that a woman wears a suit bought in the mens section or that a man wears a dress I still think that it is fine.

#2 QuietPeace, Nov 28, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
    Chubnative likes this.
  3. chicodeoro

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hi Chubnative. Long before I had my recent-ish revelation about my gender I would wear women's jeans and blouses. Why? Because as someone who is very slim they fitted me better! And I just preferred the colour and design of female tops - I've always found men's fashion incredibly dull. When I wore them I didn't consider myself as 'cross dressing' and neither did anyone else.

Of course, looking back I often think 'was there something going on in some subconscious'. I guess that's a question only you can answer..

4. solarcat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I mean, clothes are clothes. I'm wearing girl's underwear (boyshorts) and men's jeans (I have plenty of women's shorts, but it's too cold for that now, and do I really need women's jeans?), along with a T-shirt and overshirt that could easily pass for men's clothes. But that's just my style.

Clothes are clothes; if it's comfortable and you like them, for whatever reason, go ahead.

QuietPeace likes this.
  5. MisterMissy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Unlike another post that I just responded to, I think your case is far more about personal comfort and frustration with the limitations of male clothing. I've been saying this for years, whether I was in my crossdressing phase or not, that men's clothing is highly limited, highly limiting, and unless you go to the more expensive boutique shops, just isn't as expressive as women's offerings.

Since highschool I've tried to approach clothing in a little more feminine way, skinny jeans, sandals, cardigans and shawls (there are some male brands), crop tops, yoga tops, jogging shorts. Not all of it works, especially when I gain extra pounds, lol, but when you lookoutside the men-only departments, you have so much more to work with. And that includes underwear, skirts, dresses, sweaters with cookie-cutter parts missing :joy: all of that stuff.

So no, I don't believe you're a crossdresser either, not at this stage. There may be a line that once crossed would make you a crossdresser, but it's a rather blurry one. Even if you wore makeup, the subtlety of that makeup would make a difference too. So it's a gradient, but you're on the least opaque side of the gradient.