1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Short hair, gender expression and I'm confused

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by UmaMae, Dec 9, 2020.

1. UmaMae

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi people..

OK so, I might be confused about my gender. I have a lot of issues and I started questioning my feelings.

I don't even know how to put it. Sometimes I am super ok with being a woman. I feel confident, like my body, long hair, so a normal cis experience.

But then... Sometimes a feeling sneaks in, that I want to cut my hair short, I feel a strong discomfort with my chest and I'd like to dress much more masculine. In that moments I feel comfortable with gender neutral pronouns (in some moments I even feel 100 % like a man)

And then... It just goes away. Wth?? I feel like both is part of who I am, but I'm not sure. I try to figure out if it's internalized misogyny, or body dysmorphia, or temporal (?) dysphoria? Or trauma response. I don't know honestly. It's just that my gender is not so... Fix as I would assume.

I know that no one can hand me a label and tell me, this is you. But maybe... Thoughts?

2. Andrew7

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Have you tried embracing your feelings more towards feeling like a man, such as the way you dress. It might help you discover more on how you feel about it.

3. Suitsme

Suitsme Guest

I was like this when I was younger (I’m born female) and as I’ve got older I’ve gone more and more masculine.

I have no idea what my label is and I gave up searching. In an ideal word I would be male. It’s easier to say I’m non binary though if I have to pick a gender.

My inner voice is male.

Kyrielles likes this.
  4. UmaMae

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    @Andrew7 yes I tried, but I don't feel like a man as a whole. Imagining people calling me sir doesn't feel right at all.

I think a label that might fit me is genderfluid. At times I'm 100%ok with my femininity, at others I experience a weird feeling towards my chest. It ebbs and flows. Also I like to go into a more masc or gnc way of gender expression. And see what that does to my inner feeling. Maybe it's that I don't like to express myself in a overly feminine way any more?

There are more aspects to it... It's gender expression at one point and sometimes an inner feeling of not liking my chest or body as a whole. Don't know if it's dismorphia or dysphoria though. I find it really difficult to distinguish between the two.

Maybe I lean more towards a stud or butchy self expression inside of the female spectrum. I don't know yet. Genderfluid feels ok. Also she and they pronouns

5. Suitsme

Suitsme Guest

Sounds like gender fluid ...

sometimes I’m happy to be the soft butch female so maybe I’m gender fluid too! I always go towards masculinity rather than femininity though

UmaMae likes this.