1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Post! Greetings!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Hogman, Dec 3, 2020.

1. Hogman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello
    Just setup an EC account today. I'm trying to decide how to come out. I'm middle aged, married to a woman, we have 3 children and I'm devoted to them all. My wife knows, but she's the only one. I have a full life, but feel lost and alone because I've denied this part of myself for so long. I'm coming on a bit heavy for a first post - sorry. Hoping to make some friends I can be honest with.

2. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hogman.....Hello and a great big welcome to Empty Closets! I can understand how you feel...I came out here on EC in 2014 at the age of 64. I also have three grown children...sons, and eight grandkids. I thought then that I would carry my "secret" to my grave, but now almost six years later I am out to my wife, two of my sons and their wives, and a number of very special friends. The wonderful people here and a great therapist have helped me make this progress. Those same wonderful people on Empty Closets are also here for you! There are two subforums here on EC that you might want to check out: "Coming Out" and "LGBT Later in Life". Both of those forums have helped me and I think they'll be helpful to you too! Remember you are a part of our LGBTQ+ Family and that we DO care! Please keep us updated on how this continues to work out for you.
    .....David :gay_pride_flag:

3. Mynextlife

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Welcome :slight_smile: @Hogman I fully understand the pain of denying that part of your life over the years. I am very new here on EC too. I hope you find the support you need and also remember that you have a community that cares about you x
    Take care

4. Hogman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you for the warm welcome @quebec and @Mynextlife ! I'm looking forward to engaging on EC and will check out the forums you suggested.