1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some days I don’t feel bi enough and I feel bad

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Lemony, Dec 3, 2020.

1. Lemony

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Some days I don't feel bi enough. I feel bad for being on here and it sucks. It’s not 50/50 for me so somedays I feel like I’m faking it or I’m confused. I am doing my best to accept myself as bi but somedays I feel like I shouldn't have the label and just say I’m straight but I know I like girls too just not as much as guys but I do. I have two lgbtq+ books at home that I’m going to read and I look at social medias and stuff but any advice on how to feel better and accept myself more?

2. SGee

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Don’t stress- just be yourself

Lemony likes this.
  3. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Would exploring the definition more help you to accept that bisexual does not mean "likes all men and all women"? It is very accepted that bisexual does not have to be a 50/50 thing. Everyone I know has a preference, even people who are monosexual (gay or straight) have preferences. Some lesbians I know only like masculine or feminine women and not all women but they are still lesbian. I say that I am panromantic but my preference is probably something like 99% towards women, I just have a boyfriend now but that means that I can still use a label that is not 100% to one side (I did say that I was a lesbian for a long time).

BiGemini87 and Lemony like this.
  4. BiGemini87

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You are bi enough. <3 I think this is a feeling many bisexuals can relate to having at one time or another. I think for some of us, it's hard to accept our bi-ness when people within the LGBTQ+ are oftentimes the ones most likely to invalidate us.

The important thing is to realize you don't require external validation. It may take time to reach that understanding completely, you might slip on occasion even after you do (I certainly haven't fully made peace with it, myself), but the repeating that affirmation to yourself might help in the long run. It's not about what other people think, but about what you feel and experience.

SGee likes this.
  5. jessie19

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I agree with all the posts, you only every need to be a small bit BI and its more than enough to be accepted, i know the more visible kinds of LBGTQ+ is more in your face but remember Where im a LT you are still B which makes you one of us

SGee and BiGemini87 like this.
  6. Omegduh

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Coming from a bi girl who prefers girls, you are 'bi enough'. It's not always a 50/50 attraction. I have 2 bi friends who are more into guys but do I think that they're less bi because of it? No! We're all across the board when it comes to our attractions. If you're attracted to men and women and all other kinds of genders, you're bi :slight_smile:

jessie19 and Lemony like this.