1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi,, i guess lol (18m questioning)

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by koleig, Nov 30, 2020.

1. koleig

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm 18. I met my current girlfriend almost two years ago, and we're in a pretty serious relationship I guess. I love her, this I know for sure, but am not entirely sure I love her in the way I should. When I think of her I don't feel the 'butterflies' or whatever that I get when I think of certain guys. I've only ever dated girls, and never entertained the thought of dating a guy.
    Basically my two main issues right now is that I'm questioning (these thoughts are intrusive man. I cant stop), and I think I have to break up with a girl I love and really don't want to hurt.

2. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello! Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

I know how difficult it can be when you don’t quite understand your own feelings. I’m sorry you have to go through that!

Maybe you’d like to post in the Sexual Orientation sub-forum? Maybe have a think about exactly what the butterflies feel like and what exactly the intrusive thoughts are about? :slight_smile:

Sexuality can be kind of complicated and sometimes it’s not as simple as just liking girls or just liking boys. I mean... sometimes it is that simple :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: but not always!

Either way, you’re not alone and you’re definitely in the right place. Please stick around and post! Let the staff know if we can be of any help.

3. SGee

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I know your feelings- I started getting them 3 years ago ( I’m a guy too ) - and now I’m pretty much gay now. Its like a slow awakening

4. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    koleig.....Hello and a great big welcome to Empty Closets! There are a lot of great people here and now there is one more! I agree with @Spartan 117...the "Sexual Orientation" subforum would be a great place for you to post and get responses! We are so glad that you have found us here on EC!
    .....David :gay_pride_flag:

5. musicteach

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi and welcome! I was going to add to what the others have said it’s okay to just be “I don’t really know, he’s attractive, she’s cute, they’re hot” and not assign a label at all. Labels can be great, but not everyone finds a label they like. It’s okay to be “Misc.”, too. Everyone has a drawer full of miscellaneous stuff.