1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey lesbians...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by JustSami, Oct 23, 2020.

1. JustSami

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    How do I get other girls to know I like girls without directly telling them? I've been trying to get flannel clothes and convince my mom to let me have an eyebrow slit, but I'm getting this information from Tik Tok compilations on YouTube, so probably not the most accurate source of information, and probably very sterotypical. Is there any way I can send this message without wearing rainbows or something?

2. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Short of directly telling people and being open about it when it comes up in conversation, there’s no certain way to get the message across.

There is some basis of truth in the stereotype for some women, but it certainly doesn’t apply to everyone. A lot of people seem wear rainbows these day so I wouldn’t even take that as a guarantee of anything. For some woman I do get a sense that they are bisexual or gay, which doesn’t necessarily relate to how they’re dressed. I’m not always right though! Haha.

Are there any youth LGBT groups near you or at school? That might be a good way to meet girls who like girls and let them know that you like girls.

3. JustSami

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people

Thank you, this is so helpful! For meeting other girls who like girls, while I'm sure there are some in my area, I am sadly in a hard quarantine and have been since March because of the pandemic and the fact my mom is high risk. I'd love to meet other lesbian and bi girls, but in my situation, it just doesn't seem possible :frowning2:(((

4. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi @JustSami, I’m pleased that you found my post helpful.

That must be hard and I don’t think you’re alone. A lot of people have found the pandemic to be isolating for a variety of reasons.

In the meantime, there’s always EC. :slight_smile: I found the forum to be a really useful source of support when I couldn’t talk to anyone in real life. Get involved in some threads and I’m sure that you’ll find some new friends.

#4 LostInDaydreams, Nov 8, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2020
  5. JustSami

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you! I appreciate it