1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Joe Biden projected winner of 2020 Election

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Jinkies, Nov 7, 2020.

1. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden-wins-white-house-ap-fd58df73aa677acb74fce2a69adb71f9

WASHINGTON (AP) — Democrat Joe Biden defeated President Donald Trump to become the 46th president of the United States on Saturday and offered himself to the nation as a leader who “seeks not to divide, but to unify” a country gripped by a historic pandemic and a confluence of economic and social turmoil.

“I sought this office to restore the soul of America,” Biden said in a prime-time victory speech not far from his Delaware home, “and to make America respected around the world again and to unite us here at home.”

2. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am actually extremely surprised nobody posted this yet. But I love being the bearer of good news more than I hate being the bearer of bad news!

Personally, honestly, I have incredibly mixed feelings about Biden. But looking at everything, I think he can be a road to a better future. We're the ones driving it. Work's not over yet! But we all know that. The US was headed down a *very* very dark road. There is a lot I can say about the current state of things, and I probably will over time. But, my worst fears have been put to rest. I have a lot of renewed hope for the future. Tonight, we celebrate. Tomorrow, we get to brass tacks.

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have seen a torrent of posts on my Facebook feed expressing relief, thankfulness, and overwhelming gratitude. A lot of folks have said they didn't realize just how much of a relief it was until the call was finally made. Now we can start to get back to some semblence of normalcy. Even if Covid takes a while to resolve, we'll have someone competent and capable and calming at the helm, and that's a welcome relief.

4. chicodeoro

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I think most of the 7 billion people on planet Earth are thankful that this dangerous fascist (I hate the term 'populist'. Why not call a spade a spade?) has been sent packing. Thank you to the voters in those swing states for doing the right thing.

Beth

#4 chicodeoro, Nov 8, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2020
  5. Loves books

I’m not American but the past couple of years popular talk at the dinner table was about Trump. All negative. I thought it was a joke when he ran and was shocked when he won. Some people don’t deserve power and he’s one of them. He brought down a country he said he would make great again. I know nothing about Joe Biden but he can’t be worse than Trump. Trump behaves like a child and I don’t think he’s going to react well to having his favourite toy taken away from him. That man came off as an idiot half the time and a complete asshole the rest. I’m relieved he’s not the President anymore.

6. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I’m so happy.
    :slight_smile:

#6 Andrew99, Nov 8, 2020
  7. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What I found interesting was that according to a Times poll, Trump actually doubled his share of the LGBT vote over 2016. They estimate 28% of people identifying as LGBT voted for Trump this time around, verses only 14% in 2016.

#7 Spartan 117, Nov 8, 2020
  8. DecentOne

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It was an exit poll, so it is flawed because it was counting the folks who showed up to vote, not the folks who mailed ballots. During COVID-19 that’s a politically skewed sample. Pollsters are not adjusting their sampling methods quickly enough to the new realities.

9. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It did say they included early votes and phone calls to voters, but I see your point. It’d be interesting to find out more about whether Trump made gains in the LGBT community, as he seemed to make some in roads with other minority groups.

10. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You must be referring to the temper tantrums and outbursts. They probably have a diagnostic code for that. I try not to watch or listen to him. His behavior is not and never has been presidential in the least.

I can't see why. I know a few LGBT folks who vote GOP. A few of the B ones are married and it's probably just smoke and mirrors.

11. Phantom06

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I may not agree with every policy he has to offer, but at the very least he can tie a tourniquet around the country, stop things from getting worse. if he can accomplish at least that in his first year, that will be good enough for me.

12. Kyrielles

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "He's the better of two evils, yeah, yeah, yeah"

But in all seriousness I voted for him and I am so happy he won. With a historic number of votes and our first female VP.

13. LetsGoNow

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I really honestly believe it makes no significant difference. Sure Trump's character was very unorthodox considering what is expected from a politician, however I view Joe as a wolf in sheep's clothing like Obama. With Trump, what you see is what you get.

I would be more concerned about the team Biden surrounds himself with.

#13 LetsGoNow, Nov 10, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2020
  14. Phantom06

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    all we can do now is wait and see what happens

15. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What you see is what you get is good because it means transparency. It's good when what you see is good or even neutral. It's also good when you can see that someone is bad.

I expect the new team to be very diverse. It will be interesting to see who he picks.