1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any programmer here?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Vega222, Dec 26, 2019.

1. Andrew7

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    What don't you like about it?

2. LetsGoNow

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I just find it frustrating because I'm new to it. I'm dyslexic too so I struggle with learning and all that. Just very demotivated right now to do ANYTHING.

Currently learning Python and Java programming. Learning HTML, CSS and JavaScript independently. Also going to be studying CompTIA certifications.

I'm just studying this degree because it is the least subject I hate compared to others.

3. Andrew7

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    That sounds pretty rough. Maybe if you hang in there though you'll find something about it that sparks some interest.

Programming seems like it might be a hard thing to do if you don't really like it, since it requires a good amount of perseverance.

4. LetsGoNow

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Im just going it to get some sort of job. Other fields are closed to me. At least with programming you can teach yourself.

I can't get into law because I have no contacts plus discrimination. Same in many other business fields like accounting, management, marketing and so on. Yes I've tried.

Currently work in catering, which is **** pay and the same work over and over again. The whole work routine is like a loop. Doing the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. The same complaints.

5. 0n3BI4s1aN

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm also trying to become a programmer and I'm currently in school going for computer science. If you're trying to become a web developer, start out html and css because they're pretty easy to learn. You can try sites like Udemy, Khan academy, codeacademy...many more that i can't think of at the moment.....I'm also a newbie with my programming so I can't help much :sweat_smile:

6. kosher0786

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Tell me where you struggle if I could help.

7. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a beginner but I know the basics of HTML and CSS. At the moment I'm branching into learning JavaScript and I know a little bit of C#. This academic year I've been tasked with making two coding prototypes and I'm also building a game. I made an app once (unreleased) but it didn't quite work right but I'm getting there.

Unfortunately, I'm stuck in student halls and I no longer attend any physical lessons. I have some input from tutors but I'm mostly learning through YouTube tutorials and asking around for advice.

I'll admit to not knowing what I want to do and feeling a bit lost in terms of my future. So I've been looking into job placements trying to figure out what is typically expected. Rather annoyingly I keep seeing jobs where it'll ask for five / ten years experience in a program that hasn't even existed that long. It's rather scary being in my final year in the middle of a global pandemic, uncertain about the future and not fully knowing what it is that I want to do.

#27 Canterpiece, Oct 27, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
  8. Timburr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm a GIS technician and do some programming in my job. I don't get to write that much code though, but I work primarily in Python, use ArcPy for automation which isn't much. I've been trying really hard to teach myself SQL and Javascript with hopes to move up eventually or gain more useful programming skills applicable to ArcGIS/QGIS. I didn't major in CS and only took one intro to programming course in college, but I've really been trying to supplement on my own time given programming is about the only way to really move forward in terms of GIS.