1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out is a bit anticlimactic, isn't it?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Fuzzy, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Fuzzy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I suppose I should be grateful for that, but it does feel a little odd to have held it all in for so long and have it change absolutely nothing. I was married, but I came out to him and worked toward separation a while ago, so I guess all the big changes already happened. Now if this stupid COVID and other natural disasters could stop getting in the way of my dating life, that would be great!

2. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Congratulations. I wish that it went this way for everyone. Things would be so much easier.

3. Tartanskrt

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I hope that telling my husband is anti climactic but suspect it won't be. Yep coming out during Covid is rather limiting isn't it. I haven't even tried to date yet for obvious reasons but zoom calls aren't exactly what I had in mind.

4. Fuzzy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My husband (recently ex husband) has known for years before I came out more broadly. Having taken care of that and a lot of the personal emotional baggage ahead of time has aided in it being anticlimactic. As for dating, I have someone I met months ago, but so much has gotten in the way of us dating.

5. Vesta

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations on your coming out! I agree it can be a bit anti-climatic. We spend so much time gearing up to tell someone and then once it's done, everything feels the same. I suppose in a way it's not entirely the same. I felt a huge weight had been lifted from within.

LostInDaydreams likes this.
  6. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Fuzzy.....Congrats on coming out! It's a very important step regardless of how much "hoopla" surrounds it. For some of us, it's not that big a deal as we feel that many of our friends/family already know. There are some people, like a friend of mine, who says that he never did "come out", he just was who he always was and everybody knew. Then there is me. I was tortured by that secret for more than 40 years and my coming out was a dam bursting. I'm so glad for you that you've passed that milepost and I hope that the dating scene will eventually get to the place where the weekend can be something to look forward to! :old_smile:
    .....David :gay_pride_flag:

LostInDaydreams likes this.