1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What’s your passion?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Hawk, Aug 27, 2020.

1. Vega222

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That's good.

2. DomLezStud

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Writing, Archery, and Gaming. :slight_smile:

3. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member Away

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Love archery! I have a compound bow that I need to take out more than I do.

4. Hemant

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Right now in life nothing i am passionate about as all the things I had been passionate about gave nothing but futile results. But yes my current passion is to bring my life back on track. And I am very passionate about it. But very slow its its speed is....

5. musicteach

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Music and my students. I could go on and on about either, honestly. Even with remote/hybrid learning that we’ve got going on, my students are absolutely eating through music like nobody’s business. I was planning on doing bits and pieces of Carmina Burana which is firstly one of my favorite pieces. But it’s also an hour long performance and is a challenging piece of music. So I only gave them the first 5 movements (out of 25) two Monday’s ago. They’ve already burned through it. I would be comfortable with them performing it right now. And they want the rest of the 25 movement piece.

My students constantly inspire and push me to stay on my toes. We’ve cultivated this culture of musical excellence, and it’s so amazing. I can feed these students music that’s complicated, way above what their recommended difficulty level is and they just chew it up for lunch. As much as I can give them, they eat it up. But they challenge me to continuously fuel this hunger with new and different pieces of music.

For instance with the marching band, of course 2020 has thrown a wrench into things. But I spend so many hours every year arranging music for them. So much so from one football game to the next, we could swap out 70-80% of the stand songs. And these are all performance ready. As a rule I absolutely will not go perform something if they’re going to embarrass themselves. That’s just me. So it goes back to this push push environment where they know I’m not going to allow it in the flip books until it’s ready. So they push themselves and each other to learn it and have it sound good. Then in turn, they want more music — popular stuff, different music, etc — so they’re constantly pushing me for new music. Which because of our instrumentation for marching band, I have to arrange it so that it works. Or if they want popular music I have to arrange it. I find myself sitting up to the wee hours of the morning just to fuel them.

I share recordings of the band playing every so often to the school’s Facebook page. It’s really neat I take their individual videos and combine them into one large one where it looks like they’re arranged on a stage performing. I think we’ve kinda spoiled our community with how much we’re doing even with the covid. They will start asking on Fridays what’s the band up to.

6. Vesta

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like to exercise. I really enjoy going to the gym and having a great training session, and then starting to see the results of my work right here on my own body. It's such a wonderful feeling. It encourages me to push harder and progress even further each time.

7. PeterWI

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm in a similar boat. But I struggle a bit with motivation. I feel like I should be much further along in my life.

There are a lot of things that I like and that I have been passionate about, but mainly it's about new experiences.

8. Hemant

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    When you are about to get drown, your innate system automatically tries to rescue itself. Better to try new experience as they sometimes have cure to past but have to be careful about slipping further. I am no oracle hehe....

9. Hemant

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Didnt get that much. Can u elaborate?

10. PeterWI

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I guess sometimes I feel old. Like I should be further along with a stable career instead of jumping from thing to thing. Part of it is that it has been hard for me to know what I really want to do, part of it was anxiety, part of it was... I don't know. :slight_smile:

11. Hemant

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    See what i feel that gender identity or sexual orientation conflict may or may be the sole ground for all the happenings of your life. What u feel is had you been out earlier as gay things would have gone other way and pleasant otherwise. Pls Elaborate further if i m wrong. Anxiety can be due to various other reasons not always psychological.

12. Hemant

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    My brother by your profile you are 3 years older to me and still seem younger and fit to me. Though mentally it is a matter of faith in ourself. Yes this age thing plays a part right when itcomes to forties. It feels likemy young has gone even when i had to achieve certain desired things in life. These mental t elements play at us. Those peers who have gone far from now let them be far . youcant pull them back toyou or you cant jump yourself in their lives for now atleast. Lately everything will again converge together. Point is NOW. Find ways in which u can fill your lonliness with a good partner. It can be a He or She and for that you know yourself well. Try coming out with her or you can find a les or bi girl where both of you wont be having problems with each others life.
    One part is over... See my next post

13. Hemant

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    If it had been a stable career it had been nice but it didnt go that way. It was not in destiny. Atleast you followed your guts and took risks. Results may vary. You should feel contended first for different risks that you took rather taking a traditional path already set by others. Then u must look into the flaws that came into. Many of them might not be yours they might be of the route you took. No matter. But you must keep track of those flaws that were your part and go on further in life.
    For this no outsider but faith and selfdetermination is helpful. Faith can be religeous or it can be science with rationality. Good luck.

14. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I guess when you boil my motivations right down, what drives me is seeing others be happy because of my actions. My favourite moments in life is when I walk into a room and I see people perk up. I often love it when someone tells me about their projects excitedly since it makes me excited too. Or when I tell them and they are fascinated. I know that in the vast world I am just one of many, but I also know that I matter to those around me and they'd be sad if I suddenly died. Keeping that in mind motivates me to keep going and get up in the morning.

Contributing to a team and entertaining others is what makes me happy. As cheesy as it is, I feel better about myself if I make someone else's day a little bit more interesting. Now, at the risk of bragging, I am a natural storyteller and practiced improviser. I am drawn to fantasy because I like finding characters that I can relate to and losing myself in the world. Plus, it can help sometimes to have something in fantasy that I can use to explain emotions that I otherwise may find difficult to put into words. I have a desire to explain abstract concepts that swirl around in my head in the hopes of figuring out my own mind and finding connection with others in a sometimes lonely world. To make these concepts into something tangible and to entertain people to feel better about myself.

#34 Canterpiece, Sep 24, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
  15. LetsGoNow

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I have no passion.

16. aleneveal

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I am super passionate about birds, I LOVE them. I’m getting a pair of lovebirds in a couple months and I’m training to be a wildlife veterinarian.

17. PaulaG

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Social matters are considerably important to me!

I enjoy writing, including keeping a diary, too. Also, I'm somehow into food, alcohol beverages and tea. :slight_smile:

18. nicecoolguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Music and foreign languages, primarily.

19. meltyblood

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    coding, programming, game development, stuff like that

20. BiGemini87

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Writing. It's honestly the end all, be all for me. Any time I spend away from it is a struggle, yet there are times when I have no choice but to take a break lest I succumb to burn-out. I guess the act of creating in general has this grounding feeling--it calms me down, but it also makes me feel incredibly alive at the same time. It soothes hurts, helps me make sense of real life issues I need to overcome, helps me get in touch with my innermost thoughts and feelings.

I'm passionate about other forms of art too, though I've little to no talent for it; I enjoy the consumption of those things, though, because to me, all art forms tie into one another in some way. Drawing and music are big ones in that regard, but any type of storytelling, anything that evokes emotion or thought is good in my books. :slight_smile:

Outside of art, I'm passionate about flora and fauna. I could never be vegan or anything, but I really do care about animals and about seeing their world (our world) preserved.